Houseplant identification/safety

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USDA Zone 4a+
I have a couple of houseplants that I have not been able to definitively identify as tortoise (specifically sulcata) safe or unsafe. Both plants were adopted and saved by me when others wanted to throw them because they were in rough shape, now they are healthy and getting a little out of control. We all know that torts can keep them pruned better than any scissors, so if Odin can eat either it would be a huge help to me. :D
The first four pictures are, I believe, a type of wandering jew, purple heart. I have had to cut it back numerous times just to keep it off the floor.
The last three pics are two plants in one pot, the small palm is not on the menu, but the one with the arrow shaped leaves who's name escapes me will be if it's safe, it's trying to take over my desk! Ahhhh!

Oh, and all the plants have been pesticide / chemical free for at least 1-2 years at this point, likely longer but I can only speak to my care of them. Thanks in advance plant and tortoise wizards!
013.JPG 014.JPG 015.JPG 016.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Some members of the tradescantia family are known to cause allergic skin reactions in mammals, however I believe the one in your picture is ok.

As to the arrowhead or nephtitis, it is toxic to dogs and cats.

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
As to the arrowhead or nephtitis, it is toxic to dogs and cats.
Ah, I knew it started with an N! And I kind of figured cats had a problem with it because it is in the same pot as the parlor palm and they are always nibbling that, but they have never touched it.