Houdini the Jerk II

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Until he performs his greatest escape feat and appears in your box turtle pond in the morning!
Oh lordy, I hope not!!! Without even realizing what I was doing...on the way to close Mary's shed door I glanced into the Redfoot pen and alas, for just that brief second in time my adrenaline hit and I thought he had escaped. Damn he was a lotta work!
100_0322.JPG

Melymann

Michigan
Me, too & he's not here yet. Ok, keep in mind this is still a work in progress... & the wall is taller than it looks. And we're not done, and we'll be doing a more permanent outdoor enclosure this winter so he can spend the warm season outside 24/7. The entire yard is fenced. Plus, we're working on the indoor enclosure for this fall & winter. It strikes me it looks more like a funeral site but it's certainly not a tailgate party either. For sure, ledges are going on to keep him from climbing over the wall & we're adding rebar to tie the wood down more tomorrow.

Maggie, does Houdini have a propensity to leap or fly? I know he can climb.
Love that little house. Where did you get it?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Love that little house. Where did you get it?
I got it on Amazon. I looked @ zillions. It has no vents other than the door. It will have to be modified if used in the winter, but you can lift up the top to clean & you can lift up the ramp & shut him inside.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Oh lordy, I hope not!!! Without even realizing what I was doing...on the way to close Mary's shed door I glanced into the Redfoot pen and alas, for just that brief second in time my adrenaline hit and I thought he had escaped. Damn he was a lotta work!
View attachment 331620
Houdini arrived in Oklahoma. He's pacing the interior, looking for a way to escape. He hasn't gone in the house yet. He was very alert when he arrived.

Attachments

• 20210825_112318.jpg
    20210825_112318.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 37

Melymann

Michigan
I got it on Amazon. I looked @ zillions. It has no vents other than the door. It will have to be modified if used in the winter, but you can lift up the top to clean & you can lift up the ramp & shut him inside.
Thanks!! Too cold in Michigan for a winter spot, but I’m collecting ideas for his summer home.?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Houdini arrived in Oklahoma. He's pacing the interior, looking for a way to escape. He hasn't gone in the house yet. He was very alert when he arrived.
Don't get too worried if he doesn't eat for a little while. He's probably going to pitch a fit for the next few days. They REALLY don't like change lol.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Congrats on Houdini!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Congrats on Houdini!
Thanks. He finally wore himself out & is sound asleep inside. It was very hot here today but we do have lots of shade for him during the day. I'm working on adding plants & getting his meal varieties adjusted. He is a super duper little guy!! I'm a lucky lucky girl.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Glad he arrived and seems to be settling in . Keep us posted on his activities. Enclosure looks great and hopefully houdini escape proof... time will tell.

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
I'm going to be shipping another leopard to TX in a couple weeks or so. I already have 3 that went there a couple years ago.
I thought you weren't suppose to feed them the day before and on the day they ship, but soak them so they are well hydrated for the trip?
This way they hopefully won't poop in transit and have food sitting in their gut?
Ideally we'd rather their shipping bag is clean when they get there but it literally only takes maybe 12-18 hours from drop off to arrival at FedEx terminal so not TOO big a deal. I think most of us put them right into a soak when they arrive anyway so won't be dirty too long.