Houdini the Frog

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
This is our little guy Houdini, he has been very hard to photograph. We decided to name him Houdini because he was missing in his enclosure for a week while he was absorbing the tail and when we try to catch a glimpse of him at night, all we hear is the splash in the water and then he is no where to be seen...

IMG00019-20120329-0139-1-1.jpg

IMG00026-20120330-0025.jpg

IMG00024-20120330-0023.jpg

IMG00030-20120330-0025.jpg

IMG00028-20120330-0025.jpg

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
You did a nice job in raising him into a frog, very nice setup for him also, In time he will associate you with food and eat from of your hand. Len

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Len said:
You did a nice job in raising him into a frog, very nice setup for him also, In time he will associate you with food and eat from of your hand. Len

Thank you..

I sure hope so, I try to handle him every chance I get so he will not be scared of me. He is very fast :D

wellington said:
Cute.:D. I love frogs.

I think they are cool, can't wait for this one to reach its max size..

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
ascott said:
I just love frogs and toads.....very cool looking...and how fun :D

Yes they are, we have 6 more tadpoles that finally have there back legs...

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Finally! What fun! Your tank looks great too. If you get a really big tank, and put lots of water plants in it, eventually you'll find a large gooey mess of eggs hanging from the plants. I don't remember too well, but I think mine had two growing seasons before they became full grown and we started to find the eggs. They kept us up all night with their honking. It sounded like a truck horn. I love them!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
terryo said:
Finally! What fun! Your tank looks great too. If you get a really big tank, and put lots of water plants in it, eventually you'll find a large gooey mess of eggs hanging from the plants. I don't remember too well, but I think mine had two growing seasons before they became full grown and we started to find the eggs. They kept us up all night with their honking. It sounded like a truck horn. I love them!

Eventually I will have a small pond outside for them, but that a while away. I am on the look out for a bigger tank at a decent price or free if I get lucky...:D

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
I love frogs. I wish I could keep some in my pond, but the raccoons would get them.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
That sucks about the raccoon's, I will have to build something to keep the frogs in and the predators out.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
ascott said:
One of my fav frogs is the american bullfrog ...I know that they are an invasive but their calls and sounds are fantastic....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oTBHH_LxDI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M02_dnl9zCA

apology for off topic :p

I could send you several thousand if you wanted... It would just be one huge one at the end of the trip :p

Shelly said:
I love frogs. I wish I could keep some in my pond, but the raccoons would get them.

Our frogs always seem pretty good about escaping the raccoons. We had one who got grabbed but he survived, he was a bit of a tripod after that though.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
How big is this guy ?
How long have you had him?

How big is this guy ?
How long have you had him?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
He is not very big, I will measure him the next time I catch him not hiding. We got them as tadpoles in October of last year..

Status
Not open for further replies.