HORSEFIELD TORTOISE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill Herring

5 Year Member
Can any body help... I have a six year old female horsefield tortoise. Over the last three weeks she has taken to dragging her back legs, however when i pick her up she will push against my hand. She gets plenty of natural sunlight and artificial light too and she has a varied diet of veg and salad leaves. Her eyes are bright and her nose is clear and she is still eating. Does anybody have any advice...
thanks.

M

Maggie Cummings

If it was mine I'd be taking her to the Vet right away...do it now before it gets any worse and is harder to treat. I believe in catching stuff like that in the beginning rather then waiting...

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Yes, please find a tortoise vet and make an appointment. In the meantime, please respond with what type of substrate you keep her on and how long you've had her. Good luck!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It could be any number of things. We won't be able to help you because we can't see the tortoise in person. egg bound...spraddle leg from having to walk on a smooth surface...calcium deficiency...only a vet can help at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.