Horsefield eye problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimmiekims

5 Year Member
Hi all, I am very new to keeping a tortoise and I am looking for a bit of advice! I have just bought a horsefield tortoise that is between approximately 1 & 2yrs old! He is living in a tortoise table that is 4ft x 2ft and has an 160watt UVA/UVB/heat lamp! He is currently on wood shavings as a bedding as this was what was included when we bought him but I have bought play sand and coir and am planning to change him over in the next few days to that! I gave him his first soak last night and I am planning to take him to the vet soon as I like to get all of my new animals checked out!

My problem is this, the day I collected him as we were in the car home I noticed he had what looked like little bubbles on his right eye! They seemed to disappear and I just put it down to the stress of being moved! Since then however when he emerges in the morning when I first turn his lamp on he doesn't open his right eye straight away, it remains closed for a while! His left eye opens fine and the right eye does open after a while! I haven't noticed the bubbles since the first day we got him! I'm just wondering if this is something I should be worried about or if there is anything I can do at home! I will be asking the vet about this but I can't get an appointment until next week!

Thank you
Kimmie

kimmiekims

5 Year Member
bingbongbibidybobbo said:
Mine does this when he's been soaked after he's put his head under? I've never worried about it

Thanks, I wasn't too worried as his eye does open eventually! It seems to be a normal healthy looking eye when it is open too so that is quite encouraging!

Status
Not open for further replies.