Homopus research

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nofx

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lucija, Slovenia
I've found a interesting page about the Homopus torts.

http://www.homopus.org/

I'm sure that I saw this sort of torts, I remember the green shell and the name starting with an 'Ho' or 'Hu'. I saw them on the exotic animal Expo a few months ago. The guy was selling pancake's ( torts lol ), sulcata's, leapard's and this homopus guys. I could be wrong, are there any other torts with such greenish shell and that live in Africa? Its strange because there are so rare and that they are on sell.

If someone already posted this page, then...I apologize :)

Edit: AH...Damn!! someone did post it..Im so sory, i will be more careful next time >.<

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
How big were the greenish tortoises?

Danny

Nofx

5 Year Member
Lucija, Slovenia
3-4 inches, the only other green tortoises that i know about are of the testudo family, but i know a testudo tort when I see one.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
It sounds like they were Homopus areolatus. How much were they asking for them?

Danny

S

Stewerd

The African spurred tortoise is native to the Sahara Desert and the Sahel, a transitional ecoregion of semi-arid grasslands, savannas, and thorn shrub lands found in the countries of Burkina Faso, Chad, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Mali, Mauritania, Nigeria, Senegal and Sudan.In these arid regions the tortoise excavates burrows in the ground to get to areas with higher moisture levels spending the hottest part of the day in these burrows.Burrows may average 30 inches in depth; some dig tunnel systems extending 10 feet or more underground.

Status
Not open for further replies.