Homes hingeback digging whole day

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
Thank you Anyfoot for providing such detailed response.
Enclosure is 6ft x 3.5 ft. height is 1.5 ft.
If you do this, be sure to turn the stat down on the CHE, it won't need anywhere near as much power. At the moment your CHE is trying to heat that entire room up. If your closed side ends up 3ftx3.5ft I think you will only need an 100watt CHE. See how it goes.

16rash

5 Year Member
Cleveland, Ohio
If you do this, be sure to turn the stat down on the CHE, it won't need anywhere near as much power. At the moment your CHE is trying to heat that entire room up. If your closed side ends up 3ftx3.5ft I think you will only need an 100watt CHE. See how it goes.

Sure, i will work on the enclosure this weekend. i really appreciate your feedback.thanks so much !

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I'm away so got my oldest daughter to send a photo to give you the general idea. It's not the best pic, this is where they are until I get a permanent enclosure built out of the house. Left hand side has 2 CHE in it and a 5.0 uvb strip light. Just got acrylic sheets laid across to keep heat and humidity in. Right hand side is open and there is a small open doorway to get to either side.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I'm away so got my oldest daughter to send a photo to give you the general idea. It's not the best pic, this is where they are until I get a permanent enclosure built out of the house. Left hand side has 2 CHE in it and a 5.0 uvb strip light. Just got acrylic sheets laid across to keep heat and humidity in. Right hand side is open and there is a small open doorway to get to either side.
Helps if I attach the photo, and that's before I have a beer :D
Screenshot_2016-07-22-18-45-37~2.png

16rash

5 Year Member
Cleveland, Ohio
Can you measure the length of his shell, in a straight line, don't bend the ruler to the shape of his carapace.
SCL. Straight Carapace Length.

Hi Anyfoot ,

SCL - 7.5 inches.Weight is 859 grams . Is this normal or underweight?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hi Anyfoot ,

SCL - 7.5 inches.Weight is 859 grams . Is this normal or underweight?
That sounds about normal, some of my females reached the 1200g mark when they were gravid. Males are smaller in this species. I'll re-measure and weigh mine when I get home on Saturday.