Home made tort table

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
I finally got the hardest part of putting my tort table together. I used a 5 shelf book case that I got at Walmart for $25, and nailed plywood for the bottom. I didn't realize that there was a dividing shelf when I bought it, so I cut a hole that they can get from one side to the other. It measures 70 inches long and 30 inches wide and is 12 inches high. I still need to line it and put the substrate in, and I'm going to put a cover over the smaller half and make that the hide side with the heat emitter. This is where Terry's babies are going when I get them this spring :)

redfoottable004.jpg

redfoottable006.jpg

redfoottable007.jpg

redfoottable008.jpg

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Can't wait to see the finished product! So far so good!

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Looking good!!! What are you going to line it with??

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Looking good. Terry never told me his Redfoots drink Dr Pepper. It must be a southern thing.

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Thanks guys :). I thought I would line it with linoleum if I can find some. I used to be able to buy it off a roll, but I can't find any lately. If not, I may use someone elses (I think it was Anja) trick and line it with a shower curtain. Oh, and Itort, the DP was just there as a size reference, lol :rolleyes:. I'm sure you probably knew that though :D

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
looks great, and having that shelf in the middle will provide a nice site break!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
tortania said:
Thanks guys :). I thought I would line it with linoleum if I can find some. I used to be able to buy it off a roll, but I can't find any lately. If not, I may use someone elses (I think it was Anja) trick and line it with a shower curtain. Oh, and Itort, the DP was just there as a size reference, lol :rolleyes:. I'm sure you probably knew that though :D

You've probly already seen this Carolyn.. scroll down..
http://www.redfoots.com/yenclose.htm

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma
As a matter of fact, I've studied it, LOL. I have been looking for linoleum on a roll cause I could get as little or as much as I want. I have a couple more places to check yet :). I lined my Hermann's enclosure from your plan with a piece I had here from years ago when my husband redid the kitchen floor...unfortunately there isn't enough of that left.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Carolyn emailed me the pics above and asked how long her new table would be good for her new ones.. coming soon. I told her about 2 years.. but first open up the existing "doorway" about twice as wide and half again tall.. and then later remodel by creating a new "doorway" on the end and adding a new hide with a hinged lid - and she's good for another couple of years

[ a very ruff 'out of scale' model ]..

AA3x6bookcaseTABLE2.jpg

Huh.. huh?

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I likes! I likes a whole lot :D. I am keeping this plan to use in the future:D

Yertle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Gilbert AZ
Great table! I came so close to doing the same for my guy, but then opted for a larger outdoor enclosure. Maybe I'll still do it for an indoor winter retreat... or maybe for a new tort! lol

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Looks good so far. Can't wait to see pics of the finished product. :D
And if I find a tort that drinks Diet DP I'm not getting it. I couldn't take it competing with my drinking habit. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.