HOME GROWN GREENS

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
These guys eat better than I do, I have been growing all kinds of green leaf plants for these guys. They also have a grape vine that has grown right into their pen, if they get lucky they might get some grapes off of it

Attachments

• 05072014 002.JPG
    05072014 002.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 66

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
That is the only way. I'm doing the same in my garden. Your rads are so pretty.

M

Maggie Cummings

I do it for my torts as well. I planted 2 grapevines along my chain-link fence about 3 years ago. This year we had single digit temps for about 3 weeks and everybody lost a lot of plants. I lost an old giant Wisteria among other things, and one of the grapevines, and it was only about 2 feet from the other one...I don't understand that. I don't plant anything in Bob's pen. Rather then him eating it, it would be death by squashing. I have about 10 Rose of Sharon who's blooms he loves. This year I have planted kale, butter lettuce, pumpkins, (for the flowers), squash, and for me peas. All are in above ground planter boxes as most of my room is taken up for Bob's pen.
Recently I bought a lot of dark leafy greens for the torts and some fruit for the box turtles and some marshmallow Peeps for me.I am well known at the grocery store and the checker said exactly that same thing, "your tortoises eat much more healthy than you do"...huh, I LOVE Peeps.
Those are darned beautiful tortoises, (yours)very different.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I do it for my torts as well. I planted 2 grapevines along my chain-link fence about 3 years ago. This year we had single digit temps for about 3 weeks and everybody lost a lot of plants. I lost an old giant Wisteria among other things, and one of the grapevines, and it was only about 2 feet from the other one...I don't understand that. I don't plant anything in Bob's pen. Rather then him eating it, it would be death by squashing. I have about 10 Rose of Sharon who's blooms he loves. This year I have planted kale, butter lettuce, pumpkins, (for the flowers), squash, and for me peas. All are in above ground planter boxes as most of my room is taken up for Bob's pen.
Recently I bought a lot of dark leafy greens for the torts and some fruit for the box turtles and some marshmallow Peeps for me.I am well known at the grocery store and the checker said exactly that same thing, "your tortoises eat much more healthy than you do"...huh, I LOVE Peeps.
Those are darned beautiful tortoises, (yours)very different.
I Love peeps to, pumpkins are pretty neat to grow

M

Maggie Cummings

I Love peeps to, pumpkins are pretty neat to grow
They are fun to grow, I pick the blooms for Bob and just leave one pumpkin to grow. Last year I grew a pretty big one.

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
just amazing pics and what a beautiful Rad :) praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon.gif