Hmmmm. What do you guys think?

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Location (City and/or State)
Alief
You??? Yvonne is constantly telling someone..."oh that's just her weird sense of humor"...and how much trouble I get in because some newbie is hurt because I don't sugar coat my advice...
lol i’m 16 most ppl here are between their 40-70s i think there’s something similar with ppl in this forum lol. i guess when you get older your sense of humor... well disappears

jeneliza

burton michigan
lol i’m 16 most ppl here are between their 40-70s i think there’s something similar with ppl in this forum lol. i guess when you get older your sense of humor... well disappears
Nah, I am in my 40's , and. I still have my weird Sense of humor, kinda dark at times to, but over all I have a great sense of humor, so I don't think it disappears, just gets buried under to many responsibility's,

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Ya it happens. You should come back to this thread in about 25-30ish years after the world has chewed you up and spit you out a little and try to crack a joke, You'll see lol, and by that time we should know if it's a Chaco or not.....

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
On the internet, does nothing. Not gonna change a thing. people are insulated by the internet to instantly fight in a way they won’t in real life. I used to “white knight“ for causes, but I now realize it’s pointless online... as soon as someone thinks you care about something, they go out of their way to offend you. It’s not worth my time. Also, in that video, there was no animal abuse. There was idiocy. There is a difference. Idiocy isn’t a crime.
I see it very different and in more cases then not have gotten through to people. Well at least they talk like I had. Even had many come back and apologize after they first told me off and thought they knew it all and were right. I think when correct info is given it, if nothing else, gets the people thinking or searching for more care info.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I see it very different and in more cases then not have gotten through to people. Well at least they talk like I had. Even had many come back and apologize after they first told me off and thought they knew it all and were right. I think when correct info is given it, if nothing else, gets the people thinking or searching for more care info.
You are somebody else who doesn't know how to sugar coat anything...?

L

LasTortugasNinja

well, we can only go by our own experiences.

Obbie

Minnesota
I’ve had Mali ?? since September shes about 45 lbs. she is the sweetest girl ever. My friends son-in-law found her in the oil fields in ND. I drove that day to pick her up. To say I fell n love immediately is an understatement !!!
i have 2 senior Jack Russells (13 yo). When you say “you’ll be sorry !, and ”bloody stump”
I know anything that runs FAST ? and makes noise Is ooooo to good not to chase.
Now Mali ?? isn’t very interesting to them. But the taller of the two, is really nice with her, likes to go to her hide in the house. We winter in AZ, and live in Northern Minnesota. My point is....if we know our babies, and I do, please don’t scare everyone ? Does that make sense ?

Attachments

• C7F196BA-EB59-4A33-9105-3B659A7FD0A3.jpeg
    C7F196BA-EB59-4A33-9105-3B659A7FD0A3.jpeg
    668.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 8EDC8A0B-CB8D-4E9D-B1C9-FE8BC6EA8AC0.jpeg
    8EDC8A0B-CB8D-4E9D-B1C9-FE8BC6EA8AC0.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 11
  • 5DA968A9-BC16-451E-9EBE-6302B0D8F427.jpeg
    5DA968A9-BC16-451E-9EBE-6302B0D8F427.jpeg
    698.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 43AC590D-A223-486D-9AC1-C36CCA4EFEB9.jpeg
    43AC590D-A223-486D-9AC1-C36CCA4EFEB9.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 10
L

LasTortugasNinja

My point is....if we know our babies, and I do, please don’t scare everyone ? Does that make sense ?

I've done reptile rescue for years. You have no idea the number of animals I've seen where a dog did something the owner never would have expected. I've heard "Ooooooh, it was totally out of the blue! Fluffy and Scales have been best friends since Fluffy was a puppy! I don't know why she did it!" Doesn't matter. Scales is missing his tail.

I'm totally sure you fully believe 100% that you know your babies. But so does mother nature. Deep down inside your babies, ESPECIALLY TERRIERS, is an instinct to kill. They are designed over centuries for that task. You can suppress that instinct with chew toys and exercise, but you can't erase it. It's there.

I've seen Iguanas with missing tails, I've seen mauled red ear sliders, I've seen a ball python bit in half coz they escaped and had an unscheduled meeting with a Labrador's jaw. EVERY... SINGLE... PERSON... said what you just said, and all of them lost a perfectly lovely reptile as well. So you can definitely keep your terriers with your tortoises. Dress them up. Put a bow on each, but please, if/when something should happen, please don't call me or another reptile rescue to come salvage the mess.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
Ya it happens. You should come back to this thread in about 25-30ish years after the world has chewed you up and spit you out a little and try to crack a joke, You'll see lol, and by that time we should know if it's a Chaco or not.....
I’ll miss y’all. RIP

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I was watching this video and it seemed questionable.

First things first.
1)- that dog is a “boxer” not a pit bull. (I think?)
2)- that tortoise is scared out of its mind every time the dog comes near it!! (It goes back in its shell).
3)- that girl on the video is an $@%€¥€•€€€¥!!! And a $&&”#+€+>!!!!!!
4)- THIS is cruelty to animals.
5)- the tortoise is walking around everywhere in the house and stuck on a step??? What kind of mother does that!!?!??? He/she should be under a heat lamp, next to a uvb reptisun hood!!!!
(I threw that one in for Tom.. but I totally agree with him in every way).
6)- and finally—-if she puts one more hat on him/her I will ....!