Hmmmm. What do you guys think?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I've done reptile rescue for years. You have no idea the number of animals I've seen where a dog did something the owner never would have expected. I've heard "Ooooooh, it was totally out of the blue! Fluffy and Scales have been best friends since Fluffy was a puppy! I don't know why she did it!" Doesn't matter. Scales is missing his tail.

I'm totally sure you fully believe 100% that you know your babies. But so does mother nature. Deep down inside your babies, ESPECIALLY TERRIERS, is an instinct to kill. They are designed over centuries for that task. You can suppress that instinct with chew toys and exercise, but you can't erase it. It's there.

I've seen Iguanas with missing tails, I've seen mauled red ear sliders, I've seen a ball python bit in half coz they escaped and had an unscheduled meeting with a Labrador's jaw. EVERY... SINGLE... PERSON... said what you just said, and all of them lost a perfectly lovely reptile as well. So you can definitely keep your terriers with your tortoises. Dress them up. Put a bow on each, but please, if/hen something should happen, please don't call me or another reptile rescue to come salvage the mess.

My sister has been involved in turtle and tortoise rescue for abt 100 years...after I was medically retired from my job...she started having me care for some of her rescues...my first Gopherus agassizii...was named Mildred. She was 20 years old and had lived with her keeper and a dog. Mildred and the dog never had a bit of trouble until the day they did...the dog chewed off Mildred's right leg while the keepers were at work. Evidently he ate the leg as it was never found, also the stump had stopped bleeding probably because the dog licked it. The people dumped Mildred off at my sister's and kept the damn dog. So I took Mildred. She was regal, dignified and just a really nice tortoise...hey @Yvonne...I can't find a photo of Mildred...you have one?

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
My sister has been involved in turtle and tortoise rescue for abt 100 years...after I was medically retired from my job...she started having me care for some of her rescues...my first Gopherus agassizii...was named Mildred. She was 20 years old and had lived with her keeper and a dog. Mildred and the dog never had a bit of trouble until the day they did...the dog chewed off Mildred's right leg while the keepers were at work. Evidently he ate the leg as it was never found, also the stump had stopped bleeding probably because the dog licked it. The people dumped Mildred off at my sister's and kept the damn dog. So I took Mildred. She was regal, dignified and just a really nice tortoise...hey @Yvonne...I can't find a photo of Mildred...you have one?
who’s your Sister?

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
oh and here9FDF6D3A-FB70-4D94-8290-411E28E2DCDA.jpeg

jeneliza

burton michigan
Ya it happens. You should come back to this thread in about 25-30ish years after the world has chewed you up and spit you out a little and try to crack a joke, You'll see lol, and by that time we should know if it's a Chaco or not.....
If we can still see well enough, to see the theads, lol

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Most off us still have a good sense of you but are just know all too well that not the whole audience will enjoy the joke! I couldn’t survive without mine at work! Also the older you get the more you can say been there got the shirt-Free Carol B

Attachments

• 450DF5FE-9E3F-4939-A989-5D2EEBC424B7.jpeg
    450DF5FE-9E3F-4939-A989-5D2EEBC424B7.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 10
L

LasTortugasNinja

Think I’ll start a YouTube channel of tortoise propaganda videos, create a cult... maybe a video of a dog looking sad in a kennel, with the tortoise crawling away with the key to the kennel... just brainstorming out loud... ?

Attachments

• 0461AF0C-800A-4A54-9519-07E2B7218F1E.jpeg
    0461AF0C-800A-4A54-9519-07E2B7218F1E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I’m a Hacker... ✌?
Is @Yvonne G your Sister?
I’m a Childhood Friend.
I’m a Hacker... ✌?
Is @Yvonne G your Sister?
I’m a Childhood Friend.
Actually...your words...just now...in one sentence...show that you are no childhood friend of either one of us...2 reasons...I am younger than my sis by a LOT of years....and I have pantyhose older than you...and 2...my sister and I are now and have been pretty antisocial....we didn't have childhood friends...

jeneliza

burton michigan
First things first.
1)- that dog is a “boxer” not a pit bull. (I think?)
2)- that tortoise is scared out of its mind every time the dog comes near it!! (It goes back in its shell).
3)- that girl on the video is an $@%€¥€•€€€¥!!! And a $&&”#+€+>!!!!!!
4)- THIS is cruelty to animals.
5)- the tortoise is walking around everywhere in the house and stuck on a step??? What kind of mother does that!!?!??? He/she should be under a heat lamp, next to a uvb reptisun hood!!!!
(I threw that one in for Tom.. but I totally agree with him in every way).
6)- and finally—-if she puts one more hat on him/her I will ....!
Yes that's a boxer, known for its pounding, on smaller animals, with it's front paws, so when it's pawing at the tortoises, it is kinda of the dogs behavior, besides even if the dog has no interest in harming the tortoises, dog play isn't really something a tortoises is set up for,

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
That's not a Pit...that's really a boxer face...video's like that seriously make me nauseated...and I just see bloody tortoise...I didn't last 30 seconds of that video....

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
Actually...your words...just now...in one sentence...show that you are no childhood friend of either one of us...2 reasons...I am younger than my sis by a LOT of years....and I have pantyhose older than you...and 2...my sister and I are now and have been pretty antisocial....we didn't have childhood friends...
? you didn’t need to go say all that... I just went to Yvonne’s Old Post and saw a picture of Mildred. I’m pretty Young.