Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

For a baby like yours, you really need him to be in a closed chamber enclosure inside. It needs a top to keep in the heat and humidity that needs to be maintained 24/7. Maintaining the heat and humidity is impossible with an open top.

I'd suggest you get something built properly for the purpose. Read this post...it will tell you about different options.

The grow tents are turned onto their side for tort use, so you need to use that to figure the size. They come in lots of sizes from Amazon, and are reasonable in price, and work well.

The enclosures built by Markw84 are the most beautiful of all. They are modular...you can buy a regular size at first, then when your baby outgrows it, you buy an add-on to double the size. They come prewired with fixtures and are "smart". If interested, PM Mark and he'll send you the info.

Well… now I want one??
?

Akihimeko

APPLE VALLEY
I did find the mark person and left a comment thank you!
Thanks for the link!? I sent a message to order one. it great that way Steve ?(we decided on Steve like Steve Irwin) gets the right enclosure! Plus later on I can buy other to expand! ?I guess our third bedroom will be Steve's room once we get a home ? I'm so excited!!!

Akihimeko

APPLE VALLEY
Is peppermint bad for tortoise like if I use a spray around the outside top of the tank please note I haven't yet. ( I just noticed scout ants around my tank) looks like they know now, I put a baking soda paste around the outside at the top of the tank, an I ended up using clean wipes to wipe down the baseboard and my table so they don't find the wires. *Shakes fist at god* I hate ants they got plenty of food outside (they look thin this year I'm guessing not enough) yet they be try to steal Steve's food rude much.