High humidity for hatchling.

Dodge Mustang

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia Beach
Hey,

I'm wondering if the high humidity in my setup will pose a problem for the hatchling I'm getting soon.

Some info on the setup:
40"x 24" Rubbermaid bin with top on it.

Heated with a 60 watt CHE

Has one 36" T5HO 5.0 repisun uvb bulb for uvb

Thermostat controlled heating

Has two different hydrometers/thermometers inside.

Maintains 78-86F during the day in all areas, with the area under the CHE being on the higher end.

Humidity stays at 95-99%

Substrate: Peat moss + coconut coir + half of surface covered with cyprus mulch, 3" deep total.

Can't figure out why the humidity stays so high, I haven't misted the setup in days (no tort yet, doing dry run) the substrate surface is fairly dry. I tried opening the top for a day but it went right back up when I put the top on.

Will this be bad for a hatchling redfoot tort? And is there anything I can do to knock it down?

Dodge Mustang

Virginia Beach
All right, thanks, guys. I was thinking ideal humidity was more in the 80's, so it's good to know 90's is good. I guess I'll keep a eye out for shell rot, but seems like it might not be too much of a risk.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
All right, thanks, guys. I was thinking ideal humidity was more in the 80's, so it's good to know 90's is good. I guess I'll keep a eye out for shell rot, but seems like it might not be too much of a risk.
If it happens, treatment is no big deal