Hi I'm new ???

Tlynnxx

Location (City and/or State)
Fort McMurray
Hi my names Torreylynn I just bought (rescued) my first Tortoise from people who didn't have time for her, she has minor pyramiding which I am doing everything to keep from getting worse, she had hard water stains and was fed iceberg lettuce with dehydrated fruit prior to me taking her in. Her Tortoise table was moldy and so were her decorations and substrate she came with. A couple thousand dollars later and she has a brand new life and alot of love! Her new Tortoise table has so much more room and a 2nd floor loft is in the making (got her into her new table first without the 2nd floor as I needed her out of the mold) she is absolutely thriving. Her shell is barely hard water stained anymore. She is so energetic and is having regular bowel movements. Oh and her skin is hydrated! YAY this is Kadea Kamo and she is 3-4 (so the previous owners told me) Her first in her life vet appointment is in 5 days and I can't wait to have her checked out ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200514_000409_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20200514_000409_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 20

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hopefully you are taking her to an exotics vet. Do NOT let the vet give her any vitamin shots. If the vet wants to insist, stand your ground and find another vet.

Often vets want to give vitamin A to them. It can actually make their skin slough off!

She's beautiful! You're good for her.

Tlynnxx

Fort McMurray
Hopefully you are taking her to an exotics vet. Do NOT let the vet give her any vitamin shots. If the vet wants to insist, stand your ground and find another vet.

Often vets want to give vitamin A to them. It can actually make their skin slough off!

Yes its an exotics vet ? and thank you for that I will make sure!

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Welcome to the forum! You have a beautiful baby!

And holy cow thats terrifying, but good to know ahead of time!

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Hi my names Torreylynn I just bought (rescued) my first Tortoise from people who didn't have time for her, she has minor pyramiding which I am doing everything to keep from getting worse, she had hard water stains and was fed iceberg lettuce with dehydrated fruit prior to me taking her in. Her Tortoise table was moldy and so were her decorations and substrate she came with. A couple thousand dollars later and she has a brand new life and alot of love! Her new Tortoise table has so much more room and a 2nd floor loft is in the making (got her into her new table first without the 2nd floor as I needed her out of the mold) she is absolutely thriving. Her shell is barely hard water stained anymore. She is so energetic and is having regular bowel movements. Oh and her skin is hydrated! YAY this is Kadea Kamo and she is 3-4 (so the previous owners told me) Her first in her life vet appointment is in 5 days and I can't wait to have her checked out ??
she's gorgeous and welcome to the TFO