HI I am new here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertdeana

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal High Desert
My father is 75 and has had a permit for desert tortoises for over 5 years. This time the babies hatched first week in Sept, while he was out of state. I rescued 8 and one became escargot for raven :(
I have decided to keep two after finding excellent homes for the other 6. I have not tried to raise the hatchlings since I found one upside down in her water dish 4 years ago. I felt awful it survived and I gave it to my friend who takes them to work with her. Since doing plenty of research and getting advice from a PhD in Herpology. I am excited to tackle this and do a good job. I have a travel cage, so when my daughter is not home I will take them to work. Dr. Glassy said they do not need water in their tank, just soaking in warm water 2 X a week. My dad made a pen so they can sun for at least an hour a day. I went and bought the Zoo Med repti Basking Light that I will turn off at night. I am fortunate to live in their climate and have mallow and desert plants in my yard. Okay that is my novel introduction. I'll post photos of my babies next time. Cheers!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
welcome to tfo! its always interesting to hear where peoples torts came from. the little guys tend to have elaborate life stories much like humans :)

desertdeana

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
So Cal High Desert
Thanks! I sure wish I could figure out how to post pix. Keeps saying too big of a file. Maybe I need a teenager to help me. LOL. If you click my www below you can see me with my torts.myspace.com/mom2lisa

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
desertdeana, if you want you can use tinypic.com to upload your photos. then just post the photo URL here

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Hey nice pictures! Im the moderator on this site, so if you need anything or have any questions or concerns, please let me know!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! Loved your babies' picture in the other thread. Think all of you posting such pictures, should have to put a warning label on them. Something like: Danger! Beware! Following post contains pictures of adorable DTs. Viewing will have you hungering to own one of your own.

Lol. Seriously glad to have you here!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.