Hi... Greeting from indonesia!!

Wemmy13

Location (City and/or State)
Jakarta indonesia
Hi all.. my name is wem... I live in jakarta,indonesia... I have 3 babies aldabra and an asult pardalis... Thanks a lot..

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
Welcome to the forum Wem! Is that your wedding photo? So beautiful.. it's like a fairytale!

I'd love to see photos of your tortoises! And it's fun to see how people keep them... especially in a warm, beautiful place like Indonesia!

Wemmy13

Jakarta indonesia
Hi nice to meet you lalap...

This photo shows my tortoises..
I keep them inside during night and outside during the day... Hoping can get along fine and learn a lot from you guys.. and how about you

IMG20190202104104.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome!

It's nice that you've got them outside during the day, however, those pens are way too small for them to be getting any exercise. Is there any way you could set them up on the grass in larger pens?

Wemmy13

Jakarta indonesia
Unfortunely i dont have grass around the house but the pardalis tortoise is actually cage on the very top (i just moved her so i can picture them all together.. and the pardalis is my biggest mistake.. the pyramiding is very rough and high in the middle.. i know so little back then.. all i know the dont need water since the live in dessert .. well hopefully i can learn a lot from you and others.. nice to meet you @Yvonne G

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
If you have no grass, how are you going to take cate of the adibra torts? They are the second largest tort and get very big. Are those adibras?

Wemmy13

Jakarta indonesia
If you have no grass, how are you going to take cate of the adibra torts? They are the second largest tort and get very big. Are those adibras?

Yes i do have 4 aldabras still very small though... But i have open space (outdoor) on the rooftop.. big enough for them i think.. but yes still no grass.. once they're big i put them in rooftop..

Wemmy13

Jakarta indonesia

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi thanks for your concerned.. may i ask which point that i did wrong? It will help me a lot.. btw i dont keep my aldabra like that.. i keep them inside in the container...
  • The enclosures are way too small.
  • Species should never be mixed.
  • Tortoises need a visual barrier.
  • The whole enclosure is in the shade.
  • I don't see any shade available if the enclosure goes into full sun at any time during the day.
  • There is no substrate. Paving stones are too abrasive to their plastrons and feet. They can't live on that.
  • Do they also have indoor enclosures with proper heating and lighting, or is that their full time abode?

Wemmy13

Jakarta indonesia
  • The enclosures are way too small.
  • Species should never be mixed.
  • Tortoises need a visual barrier.
  • The whole enclosure is in the shade.
  • I don't see any shade available if the enclosure goes into full sun at any time during the day.
  • There is no substrate. Paving stones are too abrasive to their plastrons and feet. They can't live on that.
  • Do they also have indoor enclosures with proper heating and lighting, or is that their full time abode?
Hai thanks.. for the informations.. i've been decorating my place for them right now.. i will update as soon as it gets done.. big thanks

TaylorTortoise

Abington
Yes i do have 4 aldabras still very small though... But i have open space (outdoor) on the rooftop.. big enough for them i think.. but yes still no grass.. once they're big i put them in rooftop..
Where did you purchase your torts from? Can we see their set ups if inside? Wedding photo is amazing! I am getting married this September on the beach.