Hi from Chlöe&Rascal in Essex

Hello I'm Chlöe and my tortoise is a spurthyied tortoise x Im from Essex,UK :D and I'm exited to see if I can help any of you x Thanks [TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE] From Chlöe & Rascy xx

Also if you can give me any advice on keeping two together I would be very grateful Thanks

From Chlöe Essex,England

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Chloe welcome to the TFO from AZ,USA . Get a second enclosure they don't do well together .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Chloe, and welcome to the Forum!

Mediterranean type tortoises seldom do well in pairs.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
No, we both said the same thing. Grampa said get a second enclosure because they don't do well together, and I said they seldom do well in pairs. Same thing, just different words.

But just in case we DID say something different, that's the nice thing about a Forum such as ours. Everyone is entitled and allowed to have their own opinion. You may get different opinions on tortoise-keeping from time to time. There is no one correct way to do it. You pick and choose what works for you and your tortoise in your climate. Go ahead and buy another tortoise and after a quarantine period put them together. If they get along, great. If they don't, you have to set them up in two separate enclosures or sell one of them. No big deal. It's all good.

rayychh

Hi chloe,

Im in the UK too, not found too many of us as of yet!

Do you know what subspecies your tortoise is- mine is a tunisian spur-thigh and im looking to find people that have the same tortoise so i can get some tips!

Let me know :)

Rachel xx

kezilulu

Hi I'm in England too and I have a Russian named Sheldon
Have been on this site since getting him 3 months ago and the guys and girls on here are awesome and full of really helpful knowledge
xXx