Hi from Cheshire, UK

Gazzagutbucket

Location (City and/or State)
Runcorn
Hi Everyone, just joined up to get some tips etc for looking after my Tortoise.

His name is Tiddles and he is a our year old Hermann. I recently bought off a very good friend of mine and have just invested in a new larger Viv setup for him.

Any tips and ideas will always be very welcome, i look forward to many happy years in Tiddles's company.

Kate13

Cambridge
Hi, I’m new here too. In Cambridge UK. Tim is new to us but is 2 1/2 years. I think happy? He does look bored sometimes!

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Welcome to both our new UK members! May you enjoy sharing and learning about your tortoises and new tortoise loving friends here on TFO!

MikeT307

Florida
In my limited reading on the forum, some suggest breaking up the line of sight to encourage exploration more. Adding hills or larger rocks could make the enclosure more interesting. Although that could be a challenge if the tortoise spends most of the time inside.

Gazzagutbucket

Runcorn
Hi, I’m new here too. In Cambridge UK. Tim is new to us but is 2 1/2 years. I think happy? He does look bored sometimes!
Hi Kate,

Welcome, always nice to chat with another newbie, i'm starting to wonder if getting a tortoise in our early 50's is a sign that we are starting to slow down! My original post should have read four years old for Tiddles's age, Tim looks great, i'm sure he isn't bored, maybe just finding his feet. I try to vary Tiddles's diet, give him the odd piece of broccolli, cucumber and carrot ( he prefers it slightly cooked and cooled!) along with a very occasional treat of a grape or two.