Hi from a Russian named Vova.

Location (City and/or State)
Birmingham, alabama
I am new here, and badly need help. For an introduction - so that you see a person behind my problems with Vova - I am an older person from Alabama. We are empty-nesters, we have two doggies, and a few months ago - on July 4th - we picked up a native box turtle. She ( we mis-gendered her and called her James) - lived with us until late fall, when it started getting colder. Initially she was in a tank, then in an outside enclosure. She began preparing for hibernation ( ate very well before that, crickets cockroaches and and fruit and berries) - and I was tortured that our pen was not good for hibernation. She decided so herself and escaped. I am glad. By that time however we picked up a male box turtle, and he is hibernating in that outside pen, covered by lots of leaves and needles inside an acrylic house/hide he chose. I do hope he will be okay but I worry.

My indoors russian tortoise Vova stopped eating, and your nice forum members told me that he was probably not warm enough. I am fixing that, and we are upgrading his pen to a three times larger space without glass.

Nice to be here!

Ellie