Hi folks, very glad to be here!

6strings

Location (City and/or State)
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
I have been reading posts here for a few days now, so helpful. Had to join.

I live in Southern California near the coast, I have a box turtle that lives outside year-round going on about 12 years now. My experience with tortoises has been taking in a few lost/escaped Calif desert tortoises while a permanent home is found - very temporary captives but I did learn a good deal about them in the process. Prior to that I maintained and bred various snake species but no longer keep snakes. Other pets are dogs, I always have dogs.

All that aside, I have been wanting a smaller tortoise species to keep for quite some time. Was just about to purchase a juvie Hermann's tort online, was so excited, but of course, somebody's unwanted pet Russian tortoise found me instead. So here I am now. I will give this fellow a go, and I am sure I will need the help of you all on this forum.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Welcome to the forum. Please go to the Russian tort section and read our care sheets. They will tell you the things you need to keep your tort happy and health

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome! Russians are great little tortoises. I have a male and three females. The male comes out to greet me every morning and chases me around their yard until I put the food down for him. They get quite tame if you interact with them.

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
Welcome to the forum! I am a newbie here and am trying to learn all I can before buying my first tortoise. I love reading all the different stories about folks and their torties!