Hi fellow turtle/tort lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The4ts

5 Year Member
Hello I'm new to the forum and I have a male Russian tortoise, a female three toed box turtle and just recently a male(?) Mexican(?) box turtle. The three toed "Terra" my husband has had for 7 years and is our healthiest and pickiest of the bunch. The russian tort "Charlie" we got from craigslist last year and the owner before us had him in a glass tank on a table with bark chips and fed him iceberg lettuce everyday and let the dog sit and watch him for hours... And before them he came from a rescue after he was thrown out a window of a moving car, he's had a hard life but now is happy with us. He has a squiggly line instead of a straight line on his plastron, does anyone know what that could of been caused by? And lastly the Mexican turtle "paco" or Jojo as my toddler calls him, we've only had him/her for two weeks, we were told he was a female Mexican box turtle.... But the plastron goes up like a male but the tail is small so we're unsure. The previous owner also told us he is a Mexican box turtle but only five years old.... We live in Oregon btw. We're not sure of the species or sex and the turtle is very small like half the size of our three toed box turtle and has a dime size chunk missing from it's shell by it's neck and upturned shell around... The previous owner got it from a rescue and it's back story is unknown. That's our bunch and we love them, they are in indoor habitats but they're nice and big with proper heat/uv and substrate and planted food and daily fresh water. We love our pets, some people have cats but only the most awesome people have turtles/torts!
Elisa

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Elisa:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

I'd love to see pictures of the Mexican box turtle.

The4ts

5 Year Member
image-2608917257.png

image-1390084886.png

image-3067680515.png

The first three are of The mexican box turtle, he has dirt/coconut husk on his face normally his neck is completely a bright cor co

image-2539397475.png

image-1841761223.png

The next two are of the Russian tortoise

image-272286712.png

image-1127578686.png

And the last two are of the Three toed box turtle

foxboysracing

10 Year Member!
Oakland, Oregon
Welcome!! Where are you in Oregon? I live in Oregon too. There are quite a few of us turtle/tortoise freaks from Oregon on here. :) :)

foxboysracing

10 Year Member!
Oakland, Oregon
The4ts said:

Cool! I am a little over 2 hours south of you. There are several members in or near Portland I think. Good luck to you.

Are you planning on going to the turtle/tortoise show in September. Technically, its an exotic animal show.... but I only like the turtles and tortoises...

It is at the Hillsboro Fairgrounds and you can google it by searching "Exotic animal show in Hillsboro" for days and times. It usually twice a year in September and January/February.

The4ts

5 Year Member
I hadn't planned on it yet but I would love to go to one! I'll defiantly google it. I'm glad there's other Oregon members too:)

Status
Not open for further replies.