Hi everyone......

Chris choo

Location (City and/or State)
Singapore
Hello everyone. My name Chris, I am from Singapore. I am very new in this, just start to take care 4 of reptile turtle in 2 month ago. I come here to learn and find the best way for take care 4 of them. Also to understand more on their life style and also growing period. Nice to meet you all?

Reactions: Aim

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Chris! Do you know what species of turtle you have? I'd love to see pictures of them.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello Chris and Welcome to the forum. Good to have you here and like Yvonne said. we do love to see some photos of your turtles. We are suckers for Torts/turtle's pictures.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Welcome to the forum from America.

Chris choo

Singapore
Hi all, sorry for late reply. There the photo go. This was the very 1st time I am take care for turtle. I not really know what species of my baby, I only know we call them as terrapin. Hehe, after you guys look at the photo, hope my baby is in good condition.

IMG_20200301_120433.jpgIMG_20200301_120003.jpgIMG_20200301_115819.jpgIMG_20200301_115536.jpgIMG_20200301_115350.jpg

Reactions: Ink

Randy Micheals

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
British columbia
Looks healthy to me! Species: Yellow-Bellied Slider, or two, though the other is perhaps a Red-Eared Slider? Ear looks red in the one picture. I had some of these years ago.

Adults can grow to a foot long (12 inches) in females. They will need quite a bit of space eventually. 80 gallons is recommended for the pair! They are lots of fun, hope you enjoy :)

Chris choo

Singapore
Looks healthy to me! Species: Yellow-Bellied Slider, or two, though the other is perhaps a Red-Eared Slider? Ear looks red in the one picture. I had some of these years ago.

Adults can grow to a foot long (12 inches) in females. They will need quite a bit of space eventually. 80 gallons is recommended for the pair! They are lots of fun, hope you enjoy :)
I'm really enjoy it. They are cute and make you happy. I am enjoy and lot of fun with them.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Welcome to you and your beautiful little sliders.

Chris choo

Singapore
Hi all,

I would like to check with you, are baby slider keep sleeping is normal? This situation is just beginning on this 2day. I have try to wake he up, but after awhile he when back to sleep again. Only morning time active, after that keep sleeping all the way.

Attachments

• 15834184862684423034658516252809.jpg
    15834184862684423034658516252809.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 13

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
What is he on in the picture? Are his eyes swollen?

Randy Micheals

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
British columbia
Hi Chris,

What is temperature of water? Is there a chance it's too cold?

Need submersible water heater, with temperature around 82 degrees farienhieght.

Also, do you have a basking lamp above tank for when they climb out of the
Water? UVB light, and basking lamp. Basking temp 90-92 degrees farienhieght.

sliders need
1.a water filtration system,
2.a water heater,
3.a basking dock (can climb fully out of water without difficulty)
4.a basking lamp and UVB source.
Can you let us know what you are using for your tank?

Be sure to maintain the recommended temperatures, both in the water and the ambient temperatures. If the temperatures are too cold, your turtle’s metabolism will reduce, which can be a threat to its health.

huntertao

10 Year Member!
Hello, nice to meet you.
I remember back when I used to lived in SG, I have searched very hard for a reptile shop, but never finds a tortoise or a snakes there, lots of fishes though! Do people have pet tortoise/ exotic pet there in SG?

Chris choo

Singapore
Hi Chris,

What is temperature of water? Is there a chance it's too cold?

Need submersible water heater, with temperature around 82 degrees farienhieght.

Also, do you have a basking lamp above tank for when they climb out of the
Water? UVB light, and basking lamp. Basking temp 90-92 degrees farienhieght.

sliders need
1.a water filtration system,
2.a water heater,
3.a basking dock (can climb fully out of water without difficulty)
4.a basking lamp and UVB source.
Can you let us know what you are using for your tank?

Be sure to maintain the recommended temperatures, both in the water and the ambient temperatures. If the temperatures are too cold, your turtle’s metabolism will reduce, which can be a threat to its health.

Hi Micheal,

I think is my phone line issue, actually I have been reply to your post very early. But after I check now seem I didn't reply to your post. Omg......but anywhere my turtle is back to normal. Everything is good and under control

Chris choo

Singapore
Hello, nice to meet you.
I remember back when I used to lived in SG, I have searched very hard for a reptile shop, but never finds a tortoise or a snakes there, lots of fishes though! Do people have pet tortoise/ exotic pet there in SG?

Hi hunter

Same to you, I believe I already reply you before, but I think should be my internet problem.
Anywhere there is some reptile shop. But the item is limited. Turtle is quite common in Singapore. Snack / exotic pet will a bit less.

Aim

North Carolina
Hello everyone. My name Chris, I am from Singapore. I am very new in this, just start to take care 4 of reptile turtle in 2 month ago. I come here to learn and find the best way for take care 4 of them. Also to understand more on their life style and also growing period. Nice to meet you all?

Hi Chris. Cute turtles, looks like you’ll have lots of fun with them!

Chris choo

Singapore
My turtle they are happy with their life?

Attachments

• 1584056478069.jpg
    1584056478069.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 7