Hi Everyone!

DallysW

Location (City and/or State)
Longview TX
Hi I'm Dallys!
I have a African Spur-Thigh Tortoise name Todd! I used to be a member when i first got him, but i lost the info on it, so here we are again! :) Todd is about 6 years old! He lives in Florida with my dad, because i recently moved from Florida, and he will be moving down to Texas in June to live with my husband and I! We're very excited!
Right now we are looking for good tips for a Outdoor Habitat! We have a big yard, with our two doggies!
Share your feedbacks, i would love to hear your ideas!
Im excited to explore this page and get more information!
~Dallys & Todd
IMG_1786.JPG fullsizeoutput_1c0e.jpeg
IMG_1832.JPG

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Hi I'm Dallys!
I have a African Spur-Thigh Tortoise name Todd! I used to be a member when i first got him, but i lost the info on it, so here we are again! :) Todd is about 6 years old! He lives in Florida with my dad, because i recently moved from Florida, and he will be moving down to Texas in June to live with my husband and I! We're very excited!
Right now we are looking for good tips for a Outdoor Habitat! We have a big yard, with our two doggies!
Share your feedbacks, i would love to hear your ideas!
Im excited to explore this page and get more information!
~Dallys & Todd
View attachment 235241 View attachment 235242
View attachment 235243
Wow, he looks fantastic.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome!

Your tortoise is NOT an African spur thigh. He's a sulcata. The name "spur thigh" refers to a Greek tortoise, a species quite a bit smaller than your sulcata is going to be. It's a bit confusing because sometimes your sulcata is called an African spurred tortoise, but definitely NOT an African spur thigh tortoise.

DallysW

Longview TX
Hi, and welcome!

Your tortoise is NOT an African spur thigh. He's a sulcata. The name "spur thigh" refers to a Greek tortoise, a species quite a bit smaller than your sulcata is going to be. It's a bit confusing because sometimes your sulcata is called an African spurred tortoise, but definitely NOT an African spur thigh tortoise.

Alright thank you for letting me know!!! So he's a Sulcata Tortoise?