Hi everyone I'm a Newbie to the tortoise keeping world

lymcBoris

Location (City and/or State)
Scotland
Hi everyone. My name's Lynne from Scotland and our family recently brought an 18 month old Horsfield tortoise into our lives called Boris. We don't know if Boris is male or female yet though, but he/she is gorgeous and so fascinating. I have been stressing a little about what weeds are safe to feed and identifying plants to feed as it's quite tricky when you're not too sure what's what, but the tortoise table website has been a brilliant help. In fact I'd be lost without it. I'm excited to chat and find out even more about our little sweet tort and hear about all your lovely tortoises too, and all you expert's advice. Lynne

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome don't know much about Horsefields, I believe that they are referred to as Russians also. Go to that specific species thread and the top posts deal with caring for your them. And ask questions there are many members here who are very knowledgeable about updated information .

lymcBoris

Scotland
Hi. Thanks for the nice welcome and advice.
Welcome don't know much about Horsefields, I believe that they are referred to as Russians also. Go to that specific species thread and the top posts deal with caring for your them. And ask questions there are many members here who are very knowledgeable about updated information .

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi Lynne from Scotland from Lyn from Wales!
Welcome to you and Boris.
I have a leopard but this is a good starting point for you https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/russian-tortoise-care-sheet.80698/
The Beginners Mistakes thread is also a good place to learn how to avoid problems and The Enclosures thread has lots of great ideas.
This is a great place for up to date information and advice from experienced keepers worldwide so if you have any questions or concerns then ask as many questions as you need there's always someone about.

lymcBoris

Scotland
Hi Lynne from Scotland from Lyn from Wales!
Welcome to you and Boris.
I have a leopard but this is a good starting point for you https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/russian-tortoise-care-sheet.80698/
The Beginners Mistakes thread is also a good place to learn how to avoid problems and The Enclosures thread has lots of great ideas.
This is a great place for up to date information and advice from experienced keepers worldwide so if you have any questions or concerns then ask as many questions as you need there's always someone about.
Hi Lyn from Wales! Thanks very much for the welcome and info. I will have a look. I am obsessed now with all things tortoise! Thanks again. Hope the weather in Wales has been as lovely as it has here in Scotland the past couple of weeks. ByeBye Lynne

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
These tortoises have a way of getting under your skin!:tort::<3:
It's chilly in Wales, but I suspect it's chillier in Scotland.