Hi Everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

socialworker81

5 Year Member
I am new to the forum, but not new to my Russians :tort: I have two males and one female. I also have an unidentified baby russian who was hatched in September. Right now I have several eggs in the incubator, three which are almost 10 weeks old and I am impatiently awaiting their arrival!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi socialworker81:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you...and may we know appx.where in the world you are?

You must keep the female separate, huh? With two males I'd imagine she would be pestered to death if they were all together.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Welcome to the forum:) How many of those eggs look viable? Can't wait to see pictures!

socialworker81

5 Year Member
I live in northwestern Pennsylvania... I defiantly keep my torts inside during the winter. I have not kept them much outside during the summer, as the weather here greatly fluctuates. My husband is going to work on building an outdoor enclosure. All three of the adults were from the pet store, and my assumption is they are wild caught. I have no idea how old they are. One of my males has never attempted to mate with the female, so I have not separated them at this point. I did attempted to separate the two mating tortoises once, as I thought the male was pestering the female too much... but he stopped eating so I put them back together.
As for the eggs, at this point they are all looking viable. Three of them are almost 10 weeks old and they are completely black when I put a light up to them. I am getting a little impatient, wondering if something is wrong as they have not yet hatched :(

Status
Not open for further replies.