Hi every one

mike rowlett

Hi everyone I really hope that nobody takes me as too desperate anymore I was told that I should do some chat and get to know the people on the forum that I should do some chat and get to know the people on the forum . I'm sure there are a lot of really nice people out there but I have had people come across to me as they were too good to welcome someone new into the group so I have decided to not be desperate not put my name out there anymore. It seems as though there's a special little click among The tortoise owners. I wish all of you good luck and that your animals will do well I will no longer be here thank you Mike from Texas

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hm-m-m...so rather than an 'introductory' thread, this is a farewell thread? I'm sorry to see you go, Mike. There is a real need for people who are able to take in the bigger sulcatas. I think we got off on the wrong foot, both of us, you and the Forum.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Mike, There seems to be some sort of misunderstanding going on. If you stick around and explain what the issue is we can work it out and welcome you to our world wide little tortoise community here.

If you leave, nothing will be worked out, and most of us, including me, will have no idea what went wrong.

mike rowlett

Yvonne and Tom I think you are right we did both get off on the wrong foot. I was actually looking for a larger Sulcata because I know the smaller ones take an extreme amount of care. I put my name out there on a lot of adoption sites because I figured if I put it out there a lot that I might get one hit . Instead it went just the other way people became leery of me my intentions were always good I've been told that maybe I come across as desperate sorry I've been told that eight were calling me a hoarder wrong again. And that I was out of luck. So the best thing for me to do is just step back. Yvonne thank you for your advice but I will continue to look just not on this forum. Thank you Mike

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Yvonne and Tom I think you are right we did both get off on the wrong foot. I was actually looking for a larger Sulcata because I know the smaller ones take an extreme amount of care. I put my name out there on a lot of adoption sites because I figured if I put it out there a lot that I might get one hit . Instead it went just the other way people became leery of me my intentions were always good I've been told that maybe I come across as desperate sorry I've been told that eight were calling me a hoarder wrong again. And that I was out of luck. So the best thing for me to do is just step back. Yvonne thank you for your advice but I will continue to look just not on this forum. Thank you Mike
Hello Mike. Please reconsider leaving the forum. It is very easy for misunderstandings to happen in a purely written format. Stick around and talk with people, there are always people here that have to find a Home for their tortoise for one reason or another. And it seems especially true for the large ones. Once people know you they will be much more likely to let you have their tortoise.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Mike, I know of a big male that needs a home right now. I did an ad for him a few weeks ago, but I didn't hear from anyone on it. I will send it to you. Any idea how to get a giant tortoise from here in CA to TX? Do you already have the enclosure and night box set up? How soon are you looking to get one?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Man, get your butt back here and post pictures . Pictures of where your going to keep a tortoise .

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Mike come back.
Someone here will help you.
We are talking to you because we want you to stay.
It's not an exclusive group, all sorts, ages, nationalities and needs are catered for.
I am still new here myself and it takes a while to get used to the forum and for people to get used to you.
I know, but it's worth persevering.
If you ever do come back, in an hour or ten years, you'll be welcome.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Mike come back.
Someone here will help you.
We are talking to you because we want you to stay.
It's not an exclusive group, all sorts, ages, nationalities and needs are catered for.
I am still new here myself and it takes a while to get used to the forum and for people to get used to you.
I know, but it's worth persevering.
If you ever do come back, in an hour or ten years, you'll be welcome.
Mike we want you with us . I joined to talk turtle and tort . And in two years there is always some one to talk to about problems or just the funny things they do . And you say you want a large tort and Tom has one but you didn't take a minute to at least say thank you , come on help a little ( make a try )

mike rowlett

Mike, I know of a big male that needs a home right now. I did an ad for him a few weeks ago, but I didn't hear from anyone on it. I will send it to you. Any idea how to get a giant tortoise from here in CA to TX? Do you already have the enclosure and night box set up? How soon are you looking to get one?
Sorry Tom that was rude of me but I'm like u I don't know how we or me could get it to Texas. Not only that but I'm afraid a long ride like that might b to much for the ole boy. Some one,and I think that was Yvonne G said for me to contac someone by the name of tort dice i'm not sure I spelled that right but I'll keep looking thanks

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Sorry Tom that was rude of me but I'm like u I don't know how we or me could get it to Texas. Not only that but I'm afraid a long ride like that might b to much for the ole boy. Some one,and I think that was Yvonne G said for me to contac someone by the name of tort dice i'm not sure I spelled that right but I'll keep looking thanks
Thank you Mike that was a great start ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1429750271.554872.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Tortadise - he's in Texas, close to DWF