hi all..

worried

hi all this is my turtle now please tell me whether he is healthy and how to maintain him..
Anyone there to help me out with my issue which is going on , this is the only group where I can expect help from you all.. so expecting the same from you all guyzzzzzzzzzzz......

worried

hi all this is my turtle now please tell me whether he is healthy and how to maintain him..
Anyone there to help me out with my issue which is going on , this is the only group where I can expect help from you all.. so expecting the same from you all guyzzzzzzzzzzz......

Berkeley

It is a Red Eared Slider, Trachemys scripta elegans. It looks quite healthy. I would take a small brush (an old toothbrush, or similar) and gently scrube the shell. It seems to be covered in mud. As far as keeping it, Yvonne G gave some advice on how to care for it in one of the earlier posts.

Good luck!
--Berkeley

worried

[Thank you for your all support , I have learn many thing over here on how to keep my turtle healthy ...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA

View attachment 196754

What a nice picture! Very crisp and clear. It looks like some of the outer layer of keratin is getting ready to peel off, perfectly normal in water turtles. She's just beautiful!

In order to know male/female, we normally have to see the tail, but because male red ear sliders have such extremely long front claws, and your turtle doesn't, I'm going out on a limb here and saying she's female. Here's what male's front claws look like:

upload_2017-1-10_13-30-12.jpeg

worried

What a nice picture! Very crisp and clear. It looks like some of the outer layer of keratin is getting ready to peel off, perfectly normal in water turtles. She's just beautiful!

In order to know male/female, we normally have to see the tail, but because male red ear sliders have such extremely long front claws, and your turtle doesn't, I'm going out on a limb here and saying she's female. Here's what male's front claws look like:

View attachment 196822

so as per you my tortoise is female..