Hi all...from me and y Judith (Redfoot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love_My_Pets

5 Year Member
[/font]
Hi there,

I am the new owner of Judith, an almost 2 year old female Redfoot Tortoise. I adopted her from a college student at EMU in Michigan.

My Tortoise History::A few years ago a friends father passed away leaving her in the possession of 6 large snakes and 1 Sulcata Tortoise. I agreed to help in some finding of rescues that would be suitable to take the snakes, but the Sulcata was sick and I really felt bad for him. he lived in a dog crate with a red infrared heat lamp only. I had no idea how to take care of him, so I read everything in the universe on him. Diet change, housing really big change, and he was happy and healthy. But because of his size, I knew he couldnt stay here permanently. He was around 6 years old and he was going to grow really big, 200lbs? OH MY GOD! He can't stay here. I found someone who retrofit her shed to house him, and he is doing amazingly well!! Over the past 2 years other abandoned, sick, and some very damaged came my way through my vets office. Many were sulcatas that in no way I could keep and I started looking for sanctuaries in warmer climates. ect ect the story is longggg....blah blah..

I now adopted personally from a college student my first Redfoot Tortoise. Housing , diet, ect not ideal but we will work on that. I researched the exact species I wanted. I met some babies , but refused to buy from a pet store. I knew the one I picked would always be a rehome, like most of my pets. Found one on sale on craigslist , talked to the girl, gave her more information on tortoise care than she probably ever wanted, and here I am ....I bought a Redfoot Tortoise..and I am pretty excited. she goes to the vet on saturday for a fecal and overall check, weight, and measure.

Howdy, and nice to meet you all.

Attachments

• 298193_10150279178221697_566826696_8226897_313232_n.jpg
    298193_10150279178221697_566826696_8226897_313232_n.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 21

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Love_My_Pets:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum, and thanks for including a picture of your redfoot tortoise!!

May we know your name and where you are?

Love_My_Pets

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Love_My_Pets:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum, and thanks for including a picture of your redfoot tortoise!!

May we know your name and where you are?

Sorry, I forgot to add that! ahah. My name is Crystal and I am located in Michigan

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Welcome!! Congrats on your new rescue!! He is lucky to have found you.

Status
Not open for further replies.