Hi all - excited to be part of this forum

Jen H

Location (City and/or State)
19543, Morgantown, PA
Hi all. I have been reading these forum threads for a while and truly enjoy the conversations and education and that there are so many people who love their turtles/tortoises as much as I do. I have one adult male red foot named Bob who I adopted and whom we adore. He is a little shy but over time has gotten used to our voices. Unfortunately we recently lost our other male red foot Bubba. He was a also adopted about 4 years ago and while he had some medical needs at the time of adoption, he was thriving. While the vet and I are not 100% sure what happened, Bubba presented symptoms of a respitory infection and after 8 treatments with antibiotic/ antibacterial injections (with minimal improvement) he passed away. Needless to say we are heartbroken and the vet believes given his lack of responsiveness to the antibiotic that perhaps there was something wrong with his heart.

While there will never be a replacement for Bubba (he was quite the character), we would love to open our home to a red foot or yellow foot that is in need if a new home. I would prefer to adopt given the number of tortoises that are in need of a good home; even open to any with special needs. Happy to make a donation, pay an adoption fee etc. It really is not as much about the money as it is the opportunity to provide a loving healthy forever home to a tortoise that needs one.

If anyone knows anyone who is in need of rehoming please let me know.
Thank you all and happy to officially be part of the community

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome to the forum.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome.
Sorry to hear of the loss of one of your torts.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome from south Florida.
You want a 2nd Redfoot or Yellowfoot?
I'm assuming you will keep them separated?
Your information didn't specify that. And I just want to make sure that you know that keeping 2 tortoises together. Especially 2 males is a sure recipe for another disaster. And two of different species will present even more possible issues.
As long as you are as prepared as you sound, I'd suggest placing a WANTED post here on this forum as well as one on your local CRAIGSLIST.
I've received a few dozen RF this way over the years. Got them healthy and found most of them fantastic local homes.

Jen H

19543, Morgantown, PA
Welcome from south Florida.
You want a 2nd Redfoot or Yellowfoot?
I'm assuming you will keep them separated?
Your information didn't specify that. And I just want to make sure that you know that keeping 2 tortoises together. Especially 2 males is a sure recipe for another disaster. And two of different species will present even more possible issues.
As long as you are as prepared as you sound, I'd suggest placing a WANTED post here on this forum as well as one on your local CRAIGSLIST.
I've received a few dozen RF this way over the years. Got them healthy and found most of them fantastic local homes.
Thank you, yes they would be separated as my boys were in the past. Living in pa I have both indoor and outdoor enclosures that provide for the separation. Thank you for the guidance.