Hey

CandiceB

Hey, my name is Candice! I am from England and have a baby hermann tortoise called Monroe ☺ I have only had him for 4 weeks so looking to learn alot more about how to give him a perfect life

Attachments

• 1453915279581.jpg
    1453915279581.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 23

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi Candice, welcome to you and Monroe.
There's lots to learn but a great caresheet for Hermanns under the Species Specific section, and plenty of really experienced keepers to point you in the right direction and offer advice.
The Beginners Mistakes thread is a good place to learn dome do's and don'ts (link below) and the Enclosures thread has lots of ideas.
In case you haven't already found it www.thetortoisetable.org.uk is a good guide good tort safe foods.
Will look forward to seeing some pic maybe.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi Candice - just looking at Monroe's gorgeous pic again - you'll need to keep an eye on him and those little white bits in his substrate, they like to eat little white things ( as well as lots of other things they shouldn't) which could cause the gut to become impacted - same with any sand mix if it gets on his food. It is recommended not to use either if you can avoid it.
He is such a lovely little tort!

popeye tortoise

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Hi and welcome to the forum. It is so nice to be in contact with so many tortoise keepers from around the world.