Hey! New here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mat2213

5 Year Member
Hey, My name is mat from southern Onterio Canada.
Im thinking of getting a Tortoise within the next year or so. First I would like to know the care of which tortoise I do decide to get. Im actually a buddy of Tyguy35(Tyler) on this forum. Seeing his tortoise made me really think about it they are pretty neat. Thanks Mat

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Mat.

jeninak907

5 Year Member
South Carolina
Hello northern neighbor! I live in alaska, so I own a russian tortoise I house her indoors as its cold most of the time. I take her for " walks" on nice days. I also let her roam the house all she wants, usualy put her back at night. My sugguestion would be either a russian or a cherry headed red foot as both sepices dont get to big ( females around 8-10 inches, males a little smaller). I wouldnt get anything bigger to keep in the house as it wouldnt be to fair to it. But my lilly does just fine. You need a big enough enclosure so your tort dont get bored or go crazy. At least 4 ft. x 3ft. Definatly do your research on either one of those speices I mentioned above. Good luck!:)

Mat2213

5 Year Member
Thank you, I was thinking about getting a red foot or a cherry head.

jeninak907

5 Year Member
South Carolina
Mat2213 said:
Thank you, I was thinking about getting a red foot or a cherry head.

I would go with the cherry, the regular reds get about 16 inches and and get about 30 lbs. You just have to make sure you have room for a tort that big.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Mat and welcome! Cherryheads are some of the most beautiful tortoises there are in my mind. What is drawing you to them? :tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.