Hey All! Thank you.

Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
I am doing a little more research and I think a Russian or Redfoot would be right for me. I would like to have indoor / outdoor enclosures that I can rotate depending on weather. I live in the south and will probably always live in the south or at least a hot climate.

Now that said, where would be the best place to inquire about adopting one? Just prowl craigslist and this site?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I am doing a little more research and I think a Russian or Redfoot would be right for me. I would like to have indoor / outdoor enclosures that I can rotate depending on weather. I live in the south and will probably always live in the south or at least a hot climate.

Now that said, where would be the best place to inquire about adopting one? Just prowl craigslist and this site?
My little Russian has an indoor/outdoor enclosure. But because he's small I have lids on his outdoor one. I can also padlock it. I've seen birds become too interested in him let alone other predators. Also I've read that Russians are close to the same humidity needs as people when they are adults. I don't know about babies though. I've never raised one and I'm actually glad he was an adult. I feel like he's a rescue. And well...the poor guy got me. I've read they do really good in the West. I don't know about Redfoots. I'm sure that would be wonderful too. I enjoy being able to carry my little guy inside and outside easily. He knows me. I can easily care for him. Yet I still get the joy of knowing and being friends with a tortoise. Best wishes when you decide.