he's relentless

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Hurley has had quite the turn-around in his personality this past week. He RUNS to food, he RUNS to us when we come in the room, and he's so active and trying to "escape" all day long! Today Deontay won't leave his bedroom (where the tortoises are) because Hurley has been trying to climb the corners of his enclosure all morning, and has succeeded in knocking himself backward onto his shell EIGHT times!!! No sooner does Deontay right him, than he does it again! Will he ever learn?!? LOL!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Well Im glad he is at least *coming out of his shell* hehehehe I went ahead and put the other 3 down for the winter.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
It must be so boring when they hibernate! LOL! We'll think about hibernating some next winter! Out of the eight, I have two that seem like they want to do it... the two little girls - they've been much less active and eating less. But the other six have just been CRAZY energetic!

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
what's different to bring out such energy? (because I would like some for myself;))

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I only wish I knew! Four of them are ALWAYS like this. And Billy is feeling better so that's why he's up and at 'em (after having worms). But as for Hurley... I guess he's just a new tortoise now!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Maybe he got smart and put two and two together and figured out food comes from outside the enclosure. If he can't con you into giving him more goodies, he's going to go and find the temple of food for himself.

Glad he is doing so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.