He's not an Aldabra, he a Galapagos tortoise.

ogmoses

10 Year Member!
Sorry I haven't been on here much. But I was reading my last post and from some of the pictures I've taken a lot of people think that my baby is an Aldabra. This is clearly not the case.
I do have an Aldabra as well so it's easy for me to tell the differences :):) but here are some updated pictures and some old ones. FYI Darwin is pushing 350G :):):)
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1491980942.569506.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1491980977.539711.jpg
Here is Sheldon and you can barely make out Darwin in the background trying to climb the step.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1491980912.809591.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1491981198.952471.jpg
Still one of the smoothest shells I've ever seen:):)
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1491981223.267551.jpg

ogmoses

10 Year Member!
They both look great. It's hard for me to tell the difference in baby pics.
Are you housing them together when they both are larger? Ive read that the Galop is/can be aggressive compared to the not aggressive Aldabra.
:) thanks, think we talked about this last time a well :) they will be housed separate.
We went into a great length of about it last time.

Last edited:

BILBO-03

He's beautiful!
What's he housed in? He's not outside full time yet is he?

ogmoses

10 Year Member!
He's beautiful!
What's he housed in? He's not outside full time yet is he?
Not outside full time yet:) he has his indoor chamber set up for those cold days and nights. 6x3x3 with orchid bark. But on 80+ days he does spend quite a bit of time outside

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
:) thanks, think we talked about this last time a well :) they will be housed separate.
Your right. I do remember that now that you said it again.
Keep us updated. When the little one gets a little bigger, would love to know your opinion on the differences between the two that you notice. Personality wise.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
Very cool! Thanks for sharing. You have a beautiful backyard.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
So cute! It's always hard for me to tell the difference until they get older, and then I can tell that the faces are very different as well as the shell shape sometimes! Thanks for the pictures, they are both beautiful tortoises.