HES LAID AN EGG!!!!!

motero

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Do you have any tricksters in the house? Is the egg round our egg shaped?

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Motero, if me and the kids hadn't been treated to a night out seen War of The Worlds and the house completely empty apart from the cat and the dog, id have sworn the kids were playing a trick on me. It's a small white round egg...

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Moozillion I am in the UK. For a while earlier though, I was convinced I was Alice in Wonderland lol. Shocked doesn't even come close!

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Tortdad I don't know of any tractor suppliers here, I could ask my vets if they know where I could get one but with their recent performance with my tort I doubt they know their backsides from their elbows lol

katfinlou

5 Year Member
She took a tiny nibble this morning but nothing like the amount she used to. She still looks off colour to me

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
About you being flashed, I remember reading something similar in a tortoise book. I'll be able to reread the paragraph once I am at home.

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Ive read that it could have been a prolapse. But it looked exactly like images I googled and my vet also confirmed he was male. It's the most bizarre thing ive ever encountered in 43 years!

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland

katfinlou

5 Year Member
She/he sure is special, always was but even more so now. Phebe121 im just blown away by everything that's happened, it's been quite a journey in the 5 weeks ive had him/her that's for sure. Ive done my best to set up a crude incubator. I just hope for the best outcome possible!!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Yes im ashamed to admit it but I did Google images of male tortoise anatomy to compare it to what my tort likes to flash... Lol

Don't be ashamed!!! After I read a thread about how shocked someone was after their male tort flashed them, I did an online search too!!!:p
I saved a couple of photos to my phone so I could show people who think torts are boring: They're always impressed!!!! :)

katfinlou

5 Year Member
She/he has started digging, I think this could mean another egg is on its way...

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Moozillion I had no idea tortoises packed their lunch boxes so well! Thank goodness they keep it all neatly tucked away-most of the time lol

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
She/he has started digging, I think this could mean another egg is on its way...
More than likely. We could tell you which sex it is by a photo of it's plastron(underside) and the tail. Females can flash clitoral tissue sometimes, they may also semi prolapse bladders and colons and suck them back up and it would definitely mimic a flash. Most internal organs and tissues in the ventral area are quite representative of looking very similar in color. If this tortoise is with a male or has been with a male than incubation should hopefully prove successful. But if not then the egg will be infertile.mat some point something triggered her into an egg cycle though, so my question would be how long have you had this tortoise, and do you keep others in with it?

katfinlou

5 Year Member
I have had her for 5 weeks. From what I was told the previous owner kept himher outside in an outhouse, without heat or uv light and only fed Komodo pellets. I know shehe was kept with others because someone else I know was given a tortoise by the same person because they kept fighting. If im not mistaken this fighting might have been leading up to mating...
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1417699876.350181.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1417699938.004913.jpg

katfinlou

5 Year Member
The thing is, when I had the tort to the vet for a beak trim he inspected her undercarriage and said yes that's definitely a male...