HERPS.COM shipping company, ever used them?

creepy-crawler

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
I saw this company herps.com advertised and wanted to hear if anyone used it for shipping their tortoises. Anyone? I ask because they are 20 dollars less to ship from california to new jersey, which made me wonder about their legitimacy, so I would love your input, thank you

Robyn@TRR

5 Year Member
They aren't legit at all, no. They ship with UPS, but UPS very specifically prohibits the third party shipping model. They try and operate under the radar, but it won't last long. I see they have already pulled their Facebook page, because that is just a bit too visible.

UPS recently approached us at ShipYourReptiles about switching over from FedEx, and we entertained the idea to hear their pitch, which was very enthusiastic. 6 hours of meetings later, the follow up meeting was simply about "UPS execs at the top said the third party model is a no-go, they just won't do it." So that was insightful, but ultimately a waste of time.

If you want to discuss rates and discounts for ShipYourReptiles, contact [email protected], she would be happy to take a look at your account and see if there is room to help you there. We work hard to be the industry leader, and we are FedEx approved and certified for third party shipping for both the reptile and aquatics industry.

creepy-crawler

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
They aren't legit at all, no. They ship with UPS, but UPS very specifically prohibits the third party shipping model. They try and operate under the radar, but it won't last long. I see they have already pulled their Facebook page, because that is just a bit too visible.

UPS recently approached us at ShipYourReptiles about switching over from FedEx, and we entertained the idea to hear their pitch, which was very enthusiastic. 6 hours of meetings later, the follow up meeting was simply about "UPS execs at the top said the third party model is a no-go, they just won't do it." So that was insightful, but ultimately a waste of time.

If you want to discuss rates and discounts for ShipYourReptiles, contact [email protected], she would be happy to take a look at your account and see if there is room to help you there. We work hard to be the industry leader, and we are FedEx approved and certified for third party shipping for both the reptile and aquatics industry.
I see, thank you, however your rates are much higher than my usual shipping company which is reptilesexpress.com, but thank you for heads up:)

Robyn@TRR

5 Year Member
Perhaps you are just looking at the public rate. As I posted, contact Judy and she will be happy to get you a custom rate that will work for you, even save you a couple of bucks.