Hermanns stopped eating and hides alot

Nicholas999

Location (City and/or State)
Sutton Surrey
Any advice I had 2 hermanns tortoises from hatchlings for about year and a half maybe longer turns out i had female and male so I had to sadly rehome one i decided to keep the male but since then the male monty has stopped eating unless hand fed and he hides all day not sleeping just hiding in his cave the temperature are all fine he has loads of room even more now it's just him but I'm getting worried he also seems slower then usual any advice please

Korall

Sweden
Any advice I had 2 hermanns tortoises from hatchlings for about year and a half maybe longer turns out i had female and male so I had to sadly rehome one i decided to keep the male but since then the male monty has stopped eating unless hand fed and he hides all day not sleeping just hiding in his cave the temperature are all fine he has loads of room even more now it's just him but I'm getting worried he also seems slower then usual any advice please

Could you post pictures of your enclosure?
What do you feed him?

Nicholas999

Sutton Surrey
Feed him loads of different veg curly kale pak choi domain lettuce little gem lettuce peppers carrots everything iv fed him iv always fed him likes certain things more

20170529_132248.jpg 20170529_132232.jpg

Korall

Sweden
Feed him loads of different veg curly kale pak choi domain lettuce little gem lettuce peppers carrots everything iv fed him iv always fed him likes certain things more

What kind of tortoise is it? The diet you are feeding seems to lack in different leaves and weeds, and it contains too much store bought food. Some good plants that are easy to get are things like dandelion, pansy, grape leaves, hibiscus etc. I would recommend checking out the tortoise plant database (Just google it)

Just make sure that they are pesticide free.

Also, do you soak your tortoise? And do you give any calcium and mineral supplements?

Korall

Sweden
Oh wait, just saw the title. It's a hermans, what I said about the diet still applies though.

Korall

Sweden

View attachment 208940 View attachment 208941

Also, I would try giving him a soak in some warm water. The water should be warm but not hot and it should only reach to the bottom edge of his shell so he easily can breathe.

Sometimes tortoises become inactive because of dehydration.