Hermanns sleeping pattern?

Lucas791

Hey all, my hermanns tortoise who's age and gender is unknown, but is the size of an average male fist, is always sleeping? He gets up to eat and drink and sometimes explore, why is he doing this? Is he bored? Is there anything I can get him to interest him? On a side note, I know his temps are all good to go, I checked those as this was my first guess.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16

RussianTortxo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I was just curious as to what bulb your using? I'm sure the bulb is okay, I'm actually concerned about the angle that the lamp is at. I've read on heat lamp fixtures I've used and with bulbs under safety in the manuals that they should be facing the enclosure horizontally face down, not at an angle.

An expert can correct me but I think if the light is at an angle that they lose the benefit needed from direct light facing down position and I think can damage their eyes and possibly could cause some sort of damage to you as well?

I'm not 100% positive but from reading the safety guidelines for my powersun bulb and the fixture, should be directly facing down.

Hope this helps. And please if anyone can correct me please do, I don't want to give out any wrong information, just trying to be cautious!