Hermanns shell peeling off help!

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
London, UK
I think you keep applying the ointment and stop scaping. The original tail area is much cleaner than when you started , then just observe and monitor.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I agree with Sarah2020. If you're hitting blood, I think that's enough.

Keep putting the athlete foot cream on both places.

Don't forget that new growth is also white. You have to look close.

If zovick comes back and advises you, follow what he says. He knows more than I will ever know in my lifetime.

zovick

10 Year Member!
I tried scraping it and nothing came off so I focused more on the tail. but I decided to try scraping it today and she bled a little bit which made me feel bad. So not I will focus on that area too along with the same on the other side since it looks the same. I originally thought it was shell growth. I can't get any more to scrape off her tail so that's good right?

Is it ok if I start doing it once a day instead of 2? My job is getting stupid with the hours and today i could only do the treatment once.
Yes, once a day will be fine. Just keep watching the areas and make sure they don't start to get the fungus again after you have treated them for about 7-10 days each.

zovick

10 Year Member!
When i originally scraped it nothing happened but today I decided to try again and it started to bleed, poor Poe. It didn't bleed a lot just a little
You live in Oneonta, NY? Do you know Gary Bright? He is from Davenport and is a very knowledgeable tortoise breeder. Maybe he would be willing to help you if things don't improve.

My in-laws lived in Charlotteville for many years. I go up to that area at least once yearly to visit the Charlotteville Cemetery where they now are.

Mweigel

Oneonta
You live in Oneonta, NY? Do you know Gary Bright? He is from Davenport and is a very knowledgeable tortoise breeder. Maybe he would be willing to help you if things don't improve.

My in-laws lived in Charlotteville for many years. I go up to that area at least once yearly to visit the Charlotteville Cemetery where they now are.
I do live in Oneonta NY, I got my tortoise last October from Petco and then realized I should have gotten one from a breeder instead, but something about that tort at the pet store made me want that one.

I do not recognize the name but maybe I will look him up and reach out to see what he says. I really appreciate all the help you have given me!

zovick

10 Year Member!
I do live in Oneonta NY, I got my tortoise last October from Petco and then realized I should have gotten one from a breeder instead, but something about that tort at the pet store made me want that one.

I do not recognize the name but maybe I will look him up and reach out to see what he says. I really appreciate all the help you have given me!
Gary comes on this site at times. He goes by GBtortoises as a user name. He also advertises on Fauna from time to time. Here is a link to one of his recent ads: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728748&highlight=anamur+greek

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Gary comes on this site at times. He goes by GBtortoises as a user name. He also advertises on Fauna from time to time. Here is a link to one of his recent ads: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728748&highlight=anamur+greek

He was on the forum early this morning. Commenting on this thread

YukdaTortoise

California
By your tortoises shell might just be dried urates that stuck to it's shell but I don't really know but just try to give it a bath and maybe it will come off