Hermann tortoise's shell

BenAnsell

Around the edges of my torts shell is clear, it looks like its new growth of the shell but the colour from the rest of the shell doesn't match up with it, is this normal and if not what do I do to prevent it? Also what's causing this?

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
I believe that is normal? His shell looks gorgeous! I wish my Paarthurnax looked like that...but I got him from a pet store at a not-so-young age so he's had a couple years of poor nutrition :( Hopefully he will end up looking healthy and beautiful soon! :)

BenAnsell

Thank you :) I was just slightly concerned but if it's normal there is nothing to worry about :)

Pittrock

My 7mth old Dalmatian is doing same thing. You can it a little if you zoom in.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1393140267.872341.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
It's called beautiful new growth! Congrats on such a pretty dalmation. My trio is showing the same growth linesImageUploadedByTortForum1393162916.672809.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BenAnsell

diamondbp said:
It's called beautiful new growth! Congrats on such a pretty dalmation. My trio is showing the same growth lines

They're beautiful :)

BenAnsell

diamondbp said:
It's called beautiful new growth! Congrats on such a pretty dalmation. My trio is showing the same growth lines

Would you then day that my species of Hermann tortoise is a Dalmatian?

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I suspect it is. But I'm not qualified to say for sure with Hermanns. It's either an eastern or dalmatian