hermann tortoise swollen eyes

siaana

Location (City and/or State)
UK
I thought you said his eyes were open?
Is the same problem back again?
What pellets?
Where did you even get pellets?
Did you take him to the vet to find out if he is blind?
What was the answer?
I hope you answer soon because I am worried.
Poor little tortoise.
Please take care of him. ??
The pellets were highly recommended for vitamin A deficiency we called the vet but all they said was to give himm a carrot soak his eyes are still closed we are gicing him baths eveery day.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The pellets were highly recommended for vitamin A deficiency we called the vet but all they said was to give himm a carrot soak his eyes are still closed we are gicing him baths eveery day.
Your vet was recommending something that's also recommended here on TFO. I can't remember the exact recipe but you use baby food carrots in the soak water. It's a part baby food carrots to so many parts warm soak water. It seems to me that you could start with a jar in the soak water until you can get the exact recipe. The tort will drink some of it too sometimes.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
Your vet was recommending something that's also recommended here on TFO. I can't remember the exact recipe but you use baby food carrots in the soak water. It's a part baby food carrots to so many parts warm soak water. It seems to me that you could start with a jar in the soak water until you can get the exact recipe. The tort will drink some of it too sometimes.
I believe the ratio is 1:1. Maybe @Yvonne G can help.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan