Heres my new radiated Buddy

X TORTOISE---MAD X

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Essex England
Hello all
Heres the pictures i have been meaning to post of my new guy Buddy. What do ya all think, is he a boy? He is 13 years old and has some pyrimiding but is very healthy and active.

Sorry if the pictures are muddy if you think i need clearer ones i shall take some. He is around 12"-13 inches and weighs 3.070kg
i have had him two weeks and enjoying every moment with him. :) thanks for any replies. X

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, Danielle! What a pretty tortoise. I don't know if its male or female, but I'm guessing male. The tail doesn't look all that big, though.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Nice looking tort, I sent your pics to a friend but havent got a response yet

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Very beautiful tortoise .

muu

What a beautiful tort. I'm new to the forum and had never seen this breed until joining the forum yesterday. They are stunning.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Congrats to you for your new acquisition. He looks very big and strong. Would you getting him a girlfriend soon?

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
I agree with Yvonne...looks male to me but does have a small tail...have you seen any flashing? My vet, Dr. Jarchow, says radiated are extremely difficult to sex, especially young.

X TORTOISE---MAD X

5 Year Member
Essex England
Hello all
Thanks for your kind comments. He is wonderful i do adore him. He has not flashed me yet so we shall see if he does in the bath. He wiggles his tail alot when in warm water and sometimes when his charging around. He is extremly strong and so beautiful! I actually feel i have the radiated bug again :) i would love a partner for him however my bank account does not agree just yet so maybe in the future. If im lucky enough to find another in the UK that is...very difficult to get adults, im extremly lucky to have him. Thanks so much Ed i really appreciate your help. I think his male but was confused but his short tail. The previous owner said he tried mating with the females and males. Also he was adement he is male.
I shall be posting more pictures as time goes on. Thanks again everyone xx

burger

10 Year Member!
congrats ! he is such big boy ! how is your other two small one doing ?