Here's a place to rant about people making up stuff about owning a tortoise.

NovasArk

Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, Az
Oh yeah no. We're staying in Az for AWHILE!
I'll be posting pics of our garden habitat as we progress so I can get feedback. I only have a cpl pics of the torts from the foster mom but will be getting more soon. Once we get them home in the spring I'll be taking tons. The 2 yr old me is beyond excited! Everyone else thinks I'm nuts.?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Oh yeah no. We're staying in Az for AWHILE!
I'll be posting pics of our garden habitat as we progress so I can get feedback. I only have a cpl pics of the torts from the foster mom but will be getting more soon. Once we get them home in the spring I'll be taking tons. The 2 yr old me is beyond excited! Everyone else thinks I'm nuts.?
Actually I meant me, I can't have any in Oregon...

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Welcome, I am so jealous, Sonoran desert tortoises, or actually any in the Gopherus species are just sweet tortoises. Shouldn't take them to the PNW. I want a Texas tort, but can't. Please post pictures as we (I) love them
They are sweet indeed! Here's Tango. Southern Arizona.20200621_102232.jpg

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
My sister was big into rescue, but I was small into it. I kept some of the worst, simply because. So most of my animals have something, blind, 3 legged, afraid of water etc. But I'm old and I only take something if it's dropped on my porch now a days. Here's Mary Knobbins, she used to be Knobby, and she was a male. But when I wasn't looking he (Knobby) had a sex change operation and became Mary Knobbins. She was found wandering in downtown Portland Oregon about 3 years ago or so. Personally, I am thinkin one needs loose screws to do rescue work in any animal species, it mostly breaks your heart, and to see what some people can do to animals is very upsetting.
Mary was very badly pyramided. She's lookin better...
Here is Mary Knobbins
100_4179.JPG100_4175.JPG100_4169.JPG

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
My sister was big into rescue, but I was small into it. I kept some of the worst, simply because. So most of my animals have something, blind, 3 legged, afraid of water etc. But I'm old and I only take something if it's dropped on my porch now a days. Here's Mary Knobbins, she used to be Knobby, and she was a male. But when I wasn't looking he (Knobby) had a sex change operation and became Mary Knobbins. She was found wandering in downtown Portland Oregon about 3 years ago or so. Personally, I am thinkin one needs loose screws to do rescue work in any animal species, it mostly breaks your heart, and to see what some people can do to animals is very upsetting.
Mary was very badly pyramided. She's lookin better...
Here is Mary Knobbins
View attachment 309145View attachment 309146View attachment 309147
Agree u do have some loose screws lol but also a huge heart ?