Here’s my tortoise enclosure

Milkduds

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hey everyone I just wanted to show you all a few photos of my tortoise enclosure. My tortoise dose a a buddy that lives with him he is a crocodile gecko that loves to climb hints the stick pls let me know if there is anything wrong that you can see with my enclosure. That would be great thanks !!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,017.2 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • A39CF9BE-35CC-4117-B895-1468B83D6BFC.jpeg
    A39CF9BE-35CC-4117-B895-1468B83D6BFC.jpeg
    720 KB · Views: 43

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
I mean this as nicely as possible, but the setup you have, especially with another animal in it, is all wrong. An adult tortoise needs a much larger area to move around in and sharing his enclosure only makes the enclosure even more cramped.give the caresheet a good read.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I definitely agree with everything they said. You need much more room for your tortie and they need to be separated asap.

Milkduds

Michigan
hey thanks for your feedback and nothing was mean about it I completely agree with you they both need more space. right now this is only temporary my tortoise is only a baby and we have a bigger tank we just thought that we would let them grow a little bit bigger before we put them in there. Thoughts?

Milkduds

Michigan
Hey
"Srmcclure I was just wondering why my tortoise would have to be separated from the crocodile gecko I got them both from a reptile ? exbo and they all said that they would be fine living together Not trying to say your wrong or anything I just want the best for my little guy

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Hey
"Srmcclure I was just wondering why my tortoise would have to be separated from the crocodile gecko I got them both from a reptile ? exbo and they all said that they would be fine living together Not trying to say your wrong or anything I just want the best for my little guy
Different species of reptile have different environmental requirements, also you don't want them to transmit diseases to each, even if they came from the same expo/areas. They may not have any immune system to fight it. Also, one of them could be hurt by the other physically. Your tortoise going to require things to have a proper environment that your little gecko buddy won't be ok with and could be dangerous to him.

Also, larger enclosures are totally fine for babies so long as you can control its environment properly like in a closed chamber. My 3½ inch tortoise is in a 3ft x 6ft closed chamber. If you have the means to give him a larger enclosure now that follows the caresheet that was provided here id go for it asap. The faster they are separated, the faster they can both thrive instead of survive ?