Hercules is better! Thx for the tips, and i picked him up a friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew71888

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Colony Tx
I did get a new tortoise! He is about 1 month old! And him and Hercules are great, also Hercules is better! Thx for the tips, and i picked him up a friend! Lil Athena, she is only 1 month old

M

Maggie Cummings

You are going to quarantine her aren't you? That's the best thing to do...keep them separate for several months. Nowadaze more experienced keepers are thinking that being as most tortoises now are captive bred so quarantine is not necessary...but I am not so sure just yet...

chadk

10 Year Member!
I'm trying to read your post Andrew and I still can't figure out what you just said. Do you have 2 or 3 torts? Sounds like you have 2 males and one female??

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I'm not going to give my true opinion on this one.

Have you quarantined the new tortoises? Expo animals can harbor lots of things, esp if they were housed with different species at the sellers table, or if someone who handled them, touched a sick animal before hand. It doesn't matter if they were CB or not at this point.

I saw tons of people handling baby torts at the last show I was at--and not one vendor asked if any hands were sanitized.

2, or 3 baby sullies are nothing to scoff at. Soon you will have three big, babies. They grow fast when kept correctly. How are you planning to house all three? I sure hope you have a yard, and a nice outdoor pen planned.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Are you telling us that you now have three tortoises that will end up being 100 lbs. each when they're full grown? Congratulations! I hope you know what you're doing. :D :p

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Hercules and Athena! Sounds like someone enjoys Greek mythology. :D

Glad to hear li'l Herc is healthy again.

I agree that it's a good idea to separate Athena for a few months to make sure she doesn't get what Hercules had and to ensure Herc is not exposed to any germs or parasites that could make him sick again. :p

Best wishes for your new project(s). You will be a busy boy. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.