Hercules come home!!

tortgirl123

We've decided on a name! Hercules!! Went to Petsmart for the final time before he gets here! We set up my enclosure today. We also bought a new UV bulb ( mercury vapor ) and a new water dish. Here's a picture:ImageUploadedByTortForum1391300300.739840.jpg
I'm so excited!!
Tell me if I should make any changes. Thanks guys! :)
Edit: I put my basking bulb and UV bulb on to see what temperature it got up to. It reached 99.7 ish. Is this ok for a baby?

Last edited by a moderator:

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Very thoughtful enclosure. Great! ! ! ! ! ! I like it!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That temp is fine for basking but not for the whole enclosure to be that temp. Also, the UVB needs to not be going through the screen. The screen block too much of it. Also, the aquarium looks quite small. For a hatchling, it may be fine for a while, but when a larger area is needed, get the largest tote storage box you can get. The ones that are used to store artificial Christmas tree are xtra big. Probably already off the shelves though. There are other large ones out there for like 25-30 bucks that would give much more room. Also, be sure to make an outdoor enclosure once it gets warm.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Those totes are available at Home Depot year round and they are very reasonable :D