Help with Identification Please

ERoss

Location (City and/or State)
Northern California
Hi all,

I couldn’t tell if I posted this until he correct thread originally. My friend who is a vet had this tort brought in. It was found on the side of the road in Sacramento CAand has some shell damage. I think it is a Russian but hard for me to tell with the condition of the shell and I am no expert. He thinks it could also be a CA desert tort? I might be interested in adopting depending on breed. BCB5F972-D6E9-4A6C-842C-34C388974560.jpeg287E9795-7673-4917-8A4C-39F62771B76B.jpeg3A03E70B-5979-44AD-B3D1-434555E7AAAF.jpeg
Thanks!

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
That looks like a pretty beat up Russian tortoise. You can tell by the head and limbs. They look exactly like a Russian.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
It's a Russian with a lot of shell damage.

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
Eventually the bone will heal, the dead bone an keratin will pop off and there will be brand new keratin underneath. It takes a very very long time but not any longer then torts can live.

ERoss

Northern California
Thanks all,

I am eventually wanting to get a tortoise that will get bigger than a Russian, so I don’t think it would be a good fit for me. If anyone is interested in adopting him I can get you in contact with my vet.

Thanks!

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
Thanks all,

I am eventually wanting to get a tortoise that will get bigger than a Russian, so I don’t think it would be a good fit for me. If anyone is interested in adopting him I can get you in contact with my vet.

Thanks!
Hey there, I live in the east bay... I could be interested in giving him a good home. I will send you a PM.