Help with ID - Redfoot I believe

Kipley

Location (City and/or State)
Seattle, WA
I just adopted this 15 year old female. The owner was an elderly lady who said she thinks she is a Yellowfoot.
I believe she is a Columbian Redfoot?
Elvira.jpg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I just adopted this 15 year old female. The owner was an elderly lady who said she thinks she is a Yellowfoot.
I believe she is a Columbian Redfoot?
View attachment 328435
Colombian redfoot and a nice one at that. If it doesn't work out you can send her to me ?

Kipley

Seattle, WA
@ZEROPILOT

She is very dry looking. Give her a good warm water soak.
She has spent the past 8 years free roaming a house with a long haired Chihuahua, eating spinach, tomatoes and dog food. I'm surprised she is in as good as health as she is. I don't know how long it had been since she been soaked, but the first thing I did when we got home was a 30 minute soak. She now has access to a large tray which she soaks in on her own each morning.
Her nails are horrible, she has been calmly allowing me to dremel them down a bit each day, but I'm leaving her beak trim (never had to trim a beak) for my herp vet when we see her next week.

Once she is out of quarantine I'll see how she interacts with my other 4 Redfoots.

Kipley

Seattle, WA
Colombian redfoot and a nice one at that. If it doesn't work out you can send her to me ?
That was my suspicion too. She is a beauty though - very outgoing and not at all shy. She was well loved, but not very well cared for. She was kept in a 30 gallon aquarium for 7 years, then went to the original owner's grandparents, who took her out of the tank (that she could barely turn around in) and let her free roam since. It was another Grandaughter that brought her to me and told me her history.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Do you hear any clicking when she eats?
The beak is a bit overgrown
Walking on and eating off of cement pads help with toe nail and beak maintenance.
It's a nice, unusual light body colored Redfoot.
After quarantine, keep an eye on her as she goes in with your other RF.
She's been alone. She may be a bully. Or she may be a target for your already established Alpha RF.
Groups being harmonious are not always gauranteed.