Help with Humidity and heat

haydog_99

Location (City and/or State)
Rocklin, CA
I have the same enclosure and I have removed the divider and the top with the metal grate and replaced it with some thin plywood with a cut out for my MVB buld and a heat emmiter to help with night temperatures. I also added a support that I screwed to the enclosure to hang my lights from. This has made it much easier to maintain temperatures and humidity in the enclosure. I have also taken some spagama moss and put it in a couple of the corners and keep it wet to assist with the humidity. I have also take a chunk of moss and put it in one side of his hide to keep the humidity even higher in his hide.

1289Gabe

San Diego California
I have the same enclosure and I have removed the divider and the top with the metal grate and replaced it with some thin plywood with a cut out for my MVB buld and a heat emmiter to help with night temperatures. I also added a support that I screwed to the enclosure to hang my lights from. This has made it much easier to maintain temperatures and humidity in the enclosure. I have also taken some spagama moss and put it in a couple of the corners and keep it wet to assist with the humidity. I have also take a chunk of moss and put it in one side of his hide to keep the humidity even higher in his hide.
Cool. Would you mind posting a photo?

haydog_99

Rocklin, CA
If you can find some plexi I would suggest using that, this is a temporary fix. Notice the towels on the corners, the plywood corners have bent up with the humidity. I'm not at 80% but it maintains mid 70's for humidity and the ambient temp is around 80-85 in most of the enclosure with a basking temp of around 95 and around 75 -80 at the far side (his humid hide maintains 80% + humididy and he sleeps there every night). He spends most of his time on the heated/lit side but does spend time roaming the far side of the enclosure throughout the day. I am considering building a wooden and plexi top that encluses the entire area that I'm using the plywood on. As I mentioned this is temporary and seems to have made a huge difference. I have also lined the bottom of the enclosure with a garbage bag to avoid rotting the enclosure. This isn't perfect but much better than it was when it was open.

IMG_6307.jpgIMG_6308.jpgIMG_6310.jpg

1289Gabe

San Diego California
If you can find some plexi I would suggest using that, this is a temporary fix. Notice the towels on the corners, the plywood corners have bent up with the humidity. I'm not at 80% but it maintains mid 70's for humidity and the ambient temp is around 80-85 in most of the enclosure with a basking temp of around 95 and around 75 -80 at the far side (his humid hide maintains 80% + humididy and he sleeps there every night). He spends most of his time on the heated/lit side but does spend time roaming the far side of the enclosure throughout the day. I am considering building a wooden and plexi top that encluses the entire area that I'm using the plywood on. As I mentioned this is temporary and seems to have made a huge difference. I have also lined the bottom of the enclosure with a garbage bag to avoid rotting the enclosure. This isn't perfect but much better than it was when it was open.
cool here’s mine. Any idea?image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

latishab2001

Lafayette
I need help with my enclosure. The temperatures aren’t getting high enough and I think my tortoise is pyramiding.

View attachment 288264
I had the same problem and just bought the fogger machine to help. We are covering the enclosure top and wrapping the entire terrarium with blankets to keep the humidity and temp up. We were told to put the water on the cool side so it wont dry out in there and spray it down inside with a spray bottle until his eco earth is really dark brown to black.
We did this and hes now 90 degrees inside and up himidity but we do it every 3-4 hrs. We have a 40 gallon wrapped with cardboard and a light on top with 75 watts of heat that is on constant. Im no expert but this helped for us.

1289Gabe

San Diego California
I had the same problem and just bought the fogger machine to help. We are covering the enclosure top and wrapping the entire terrarium with blankets to keep the humidity and temp up. We were told to put the water on the cool side so it wont dry out in there and spray it down inside with a spray bottle until his eco earth is really dark brown to black.
We did this and hes now 90 degrees inside and up himidity but we do it every 3-4 hrs. We have a 40 gallon wrapped with cardboard and a light on top with 75 watts of heat that is on constant. Im no expert but this helped for us.
Thanks, I have a humidifier, will that help?image.jpg

orlando, florida
I used a regular storage bin but i went out and bought a small greenhouse tent. It keeps the humidity in. I also use a lot of live plants and moss and water them daily. it keeps the humidity nice.