help with diet and other things!!

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Norwich CT
First, let me say that I love that you are 13 years old and care so deeply for your tortoises. I was a teacher for 22 years and know that youth are much better at absorbing knowledge and pivoting to make a change than “adults.” Kudos! That said, I don’t have a Sulcata—far from it. I have a small (but MIGHTY!) Russian. However, I can offer moral support and the assurance that listening to the gurus here will definitely improve the lives of your tortoises. Ask lots of questions and do not hesitate to ask someone to explain further or clarify. I know sometimes it takes me a few “go around” to get the gist of what’s being said. Good luck and keep us posted!

darcyyarci

Nevada
Hi everybody, thank you so much for the nice comments. It means a lot. What kind of heating do you guys use for your nightboxes? Building it is doable but I'm a little confused on the heating part. My grandfather suggested I use a (around 5 watt) heating pad for the nightbox so they could get on that if they're cold. Is that a plausible idea?

darcyyarci

Nevada
Also, my two male tortoises grew up together and I've never seen them fight. I understand that doesn't mean they're not stressed and I know that it's important for them to be divided but I'm just making sure that there would be no repercussions if I suddenly seperated them since they've been around eachother their whole lives.

darcyyarci

Nevada
Another question- they haven't been eating much at all. When I get them warm and more active again, what should I feed them until the grass grows back? Hay is what I try to feed them and they used to eat it but now they refuse to touch it and only eat the grocery produce stuff. Any recommendations?

Tortisedonk7

Indonesia
Good for you for taking on this challenge to get these guys better life!! @Tom had some plans for night box in post #12 previously. I'm sure it includes ideas for the heat.
Wish I had room for a couple of these beauties!
Good luck an post some progress pics of the build